This Editor will work with the Brides editorial team to oversee fashion content, collaborate with news and social teams on timely launches and collections, and generally work to further define the brand’s strong editorial voice in the bridal fashion space.
The right candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of the Brides brand and aesthetic. They will also have a focus and passion for the bridal and fashion spaces and assist in driving innovation for the brand (on-site and across platforms); implementing top-level content strategy; defining and enforcing the brand’s aesthetic and voice; and improving user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
This position is based in New York City and will report to the Brides associate editorial director.
About Your Contributions
- Assist editorial team in day-to-day production of content
- Manage content creation across a number of categories, including fashion and beauty
- Own Bridal Fashion Week coverage biannually, managing designer pages and updates every October and April
- Pitch trending story ideas and write news pieces, fashion round-ups, and longer-form fashion features—this person will work with the editorial team in a broad way
- Review and copy edit new and existing articles to ensure best practices are being met
- Enforce documentation around brand best practices and guidelines to improve and ensure content quality
- At least 2-3 years experience in a related editorial role
- Detail-oriented, impeccably organized, deadline focused, creative, and eager to learn
- Able to manage priorities and collaborate with different editors on projects
- A demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices and execution
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Strong understanding of the Brides aesthetic and voice
- Enthusiastic, creative, curious, positive cheerleader for the brand with a strong editorial eye
- Familiarity with the wedding industry, and eager to share your knowledge of it
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities