Condé Nast Seeks a Visuals Editor to Work Within the Creative Group, Supporting Vanity Fair
This person is responsible for all aspects of photo shoot production, and candidates should have excellent editorial judgement and a strong ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once. A broad knowledge of industry teams and connections is a must, i.e. strong relationships with agencies, photographers, stylists, studios, etc. This position reports to the Visuals Director of Vanity Fair.
Responsibilities may include:
- Help lead all aspects of photo shoot production from FOB, well features, covers and special projects—from commissioning teams and liaising with vendors to ensuring that the shoot is successful and falls within budget.
- Liaise across departments and act as coordinating producer with editorial, design, social, video, web design and production—for Vanity Fair’s tentpole and special projects such as Hollywood issue, Oscars, New Establishment, among others.
- Ideate, concept, produce, oversee and travel on site to VF’s signature portrait booth and video studios for film festivals and awards season—such as TIFF, Sundance, Cannes, NYFF, Telluride, Venice, Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmy’s, among others.
- Coordinate and liaise with Apple News to ideate and produce multimedia covers stories and assets
- Help maintain the Vanity Fair photo budget and manage all content production budgets (this includes negotiating rates with outside vendors to help cut costs).
- Oversee assignments and invoices processing to ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner; send out call sheets.
- Assist with visual direction for print-to-web production and secure multimedia and video assets for digital crops, social platforms, BTS content, videos, etc.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of work experience in media or relevant field
- Knowledge of digital, social, and video content
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to contribute to editorial decisions and support the development visual stories across all platforms
- Can creatively translate the needs of the brands and client into high quality output through a detailed understanding of the requirements of the platforms
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and Vanity Fair will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.