Condé Nast is Hiring a Commerce Writer to Craft unique and Compelling Shopping-Focused Content for SELF.
Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
Conde Nast is seeking a Commerce Writer to craft unique and compelling shopping-focused content for SELF.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about shopping across every category—from sourcing the best deals on a tried-and-true wellness product to tracking new fitness and health launches that our readers will be excited about. They will have strong background in product journalism and should be skilled at positioning a story to both attract an audience and drive purchase.
The Commerce Writer will also be comfortable optimizing all our shopping content for both affiliate and SEO, and analyzing traffic and conversion results from past content to make recommendations for future stories, as well as brainstorming new ways to engage our audience around commerce-driven stories on all our digital platforms.
SELF's mission is to help people live healthier lives, whatever that looks like to them. We do that through focusing on four key brand values: inclusivity, accuracy, empathy, and autonomy. And we’re looking for people who share that vision when it comes to creating content.
- Write, pitch and optimize up to 8 commerce stories (both new and evergreen) each week, working with the SELF editorial and creative teams to ensure that all content and product recommendations feels modern and on-brand
- Work with the Senior Commerce Editor and Digital Director to manage a long-term commerce editorial calendar to feature ongoing and seasonal shopping content
- Identify and plan around editorial categories and seasonal tent poles that present a commerce opportunity for SELF, studying purchasing data, tracking site analytics, researching trends, and performing competitive analysis of comparable sites
- Identify new shopping categories and trending products SELF should test out. This writer should have their finger on the pulse of what consumers are interested in before other publications cover
- Alongside the Commerce Editors, serve as commerce evangelist for the SELF editorial team, supporting in research and optimization of all shoppable content
- Manage logistics for any product call-ins and returns
- Coordinate closely with the Commerce and Audience Development teams to share data and best practices that can inform editorial decision-making
- Drive a clear editorial point of view for product and shopping recommendations appealing to the SELF reader
The ideal candidate must have product & shopping editorial expertise and a strong enthusiasm for helping define the content-to-commerce strategy at SELF.
- A minimum of two years writing or editing commerce/affiliate content at a digital property, as well as refining commerce best practices
- Solid knowledge of SEO tactics to attract a buying audience
- Experience analyzing performance across different verticals, product categories, retailers and content types to optimize for revenue generation
- Experience in managing product sourcing logistics at a digital property (either editorial or commerce)
- Strong organizational skills, a self-directed work style, and polished communication skills
- A self-starter who relishes the opportunity to directly accelerate the growth of Conde Nast’s commerce business
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and SELF Magazine will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.