EatingWell is Hiring Associate Editor To Helps Oversee The Front-Of-Book Lifestyle Section Of EatingWell Magazine
The Associate Editor helps oversee the front-of-book lifestyle section of EatingWell magazine and creates compelling articles that provide tangible service and entertainment to the reader. This position requires someone with a passion for food and lifestyle articles including celebrity Q&As, cleaning and organizing content, kitchen design, pets, beauty and gardening. The Associate Editor must have strong writing skills, experience in magazine editing, and an eye and ear for ferreting out trends that fit with the EatingWell brand. The Associate Editor reports to the Executive Editor and works collaboratively with the web team to plan and deliver content that supports the brand and meets newsstand, book and site traffic goals. The Associate Editor also manages content planning and schedules.
Essential Job Functions
65% Assign, edit and write columns/magazine sections.
25% Generate ideas for the magazine and keep on top of current lifestyle trends and other topics in the EatingWell scope (kitchens, gardening, etc.).
10% Manage freelance content creators.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience writing or editing for a media brand.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be an excellent team player with strong people skills with the ability to adapt to changing situations and help solve problems.
- Must be able to multitask and be detail oriented.
- Must be willing to regularly interact and brainstorm with the editorial staff.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be Mac-literate and with knowledge of Adobe InDesign and InCopy.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 0
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Open Opportunities