Esquire Seeking Assistant Editor
Esquire Looking For Assistant Editor With Passion For Men’s Lifestyle Coverage To Join The Team
The role will contribute 5+ stories to the site across a variety of verticals: culture, lifestyle, food & drinks, and more depending on the candidate’s interest. You will write regularly for Esquire’s print and digital platforms, eventually learning the process of assigning and editing stories to internal and external writers. The role will work on a mixture of SEO service pieces, e-commerce round-ups, social-focused stories, and will oversee the Esquire Snapchat account. The person in this role will also participate in brainstorming, pitching, writing, and developing features content and in-depth reported stories.
For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Pitch and write digital editorial content, primarily SEO-based, including service, news and inspiration roundups
- Pay attention to digital content performance to actively adjust pitching and packaging strategies
- Write daily for the site
- Learn the process of writing assignment memos and assigning and editing freelance stories
- Write front-of-book and service copy for the magazine, when needed.
- Oversee the Esquire Snapchat account: Manage the editorial calendar for publication, edit stories, and write Tile Copy.
Who you are:
- 1-2 years of experience creating content for mainstream media publications
- Deadline-driven, creative thinker, with a strong service journalism sensibility
- Skilled in original reporting and writing, with a strong voice
- Able to file clean, concise copy
- Knowledge of (and affinity for!) SEO best practices for optimizing web content
- Versatility, agility and the ability to shift gears quickly in a daily publishing environment
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Esquire
Kid Cudi Graces Cover of Esquire's September Issue
Chris Rock is Esquire Magazine's Summer Cover
Introducing The Cover Star of Esquire's April/May Issue, Oscar Isaac
Leave a comment