Fortune Magazine is looking for a Remote Social Media Fellow
Rachel Schallom Lobdell,
Editorial director at Fortune Magazine is hiring a Remote Social Media Fellow
Fortune is hiring two smart and energetic journalists to join our fellowship program that runs January to June 2022.
Social media fellows will join our audience and social team, which focuses on SEO and distribution across platforms.
- Strategize and write social media posts across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram to showcase Fortune’s award-winning journalism, best in class conferences, and special projects
- Review Wordpress posts to ensure SEO fields are as rigorous as possible
- Use data to help editors make better decisions on what to cover and how to frame stories
- Participate in newsroom-wide brainstorms and conversations
- Work both independently and in collaboration with colleagues across the newsroom
- Ensure a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and voices
- Uphold Fortune’s standards of journalistic rigor, accuracy, and fairness
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE…
- Loves to dig into published journalism to find the most shareworthy nuggets.
- Values speed and understands the urgency of fast promotion.
- Has some professional journalism experience, ideally an internship at another news organization.
- Writes clean, accurate, and insightful social copy on deadline.
- Is organized, deadline driven, and adaptable.
- Can communicate professionally and effectively in a remote environment.
We believe that business journalism is many things, and it’s OK if you don’t have previous experience working in markets and investing coverage—although that’s a plus.
Fortune’s headquarters is in NYC, but our editorial team is based across time zones and international borders. We’re working remotely right now because of the pandemic. We encourage applicants between the coasts to apply.
Applications are due December 6, 2021.
Read MORE on the Editors at Fortune Magazine in the 2021 Big Fat Media Guide before the 2022 New Edition drops on Jan 1, 2022.
Leave a comment