Harper’s Bazaar is looking for an associate beauty editor to join our cross-platform beauty team. The ideal candidate is a strong writer who turns in clean copy, is resourceful and thoughtful in their research, is proactive in their communication, and has an understanding of the evolving beauty landscape.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Write features for print magazine monthly
- Identify emerging beauty trends
- Contribute to brand website and social media platforms
- Edit the assistant beauty editor and select freelance pieces
- Form relationships with key industry players, from talent to PRs
- Take market appointments and represent Bazaar at press appointments and events
- Liaise with art and photo teams to help produce beauty layouts
- Work directly with copy/research teams
- Call in products and arrange shoots for print stories
- Work with advertising on projects as necessary
- Conduct preliminary art and photo research for beauty feature shoots
Who you are:
- 4 years of post-grad experience as a beauty writer; some editing experience is a must
- Passionate about the beauty industry
- A skilled, resourceful reporter
- An idea generator who will bring a fresh perspective
- Adaptable between writing for print and for digital
- A collaborative self-starter
- Comfortable with working with other departments
Order your copy of the Harper's Bazaar Masthead and Media Kit here.