Kristen Aiken, Senior Editor of Food & Drink and Style & Beauty at HuffPost Posted
'HuffPost Shopping is looking for some amazing commerce writers! This is an exciting opportunity for smart, voicey writers to be a part of something big. If you're bursting with creative ideas, you can find more info about the role here ... spread the word!'
Are you the person in your family or friend group everyone else turns to for shopping recommendations? Do you always score the best deals on the best products? Come join our growing team! The HuffPost Shopping team’s mission is to provide a service to our audience by carefully curating shopping content, ultimately minimizing the work readers need to do to find products and services that will help them lead better lives. Our readers are smart, educated consumers who want to put their hard-earned money to good use (while having fun, too). We use loads of product research, expert sourcing, brand discovery, product testing and data analytics. Our goal is to turn HuffPost into a shopping destination people return to regularly, because we’ve established trust with our readers through our devotion to quality, authenticity and diversity. We strive to combine spot-on product curation with an entertaining and informative writing style and trustworthy recommendations, so even if the products aren’t right for a reader, they can click away feeling like their time was well-spent.
HuffPost is looking for a writer for a full-time position on this team. The ideal candidate is an experienced and conversational writer and editor with proven skill in consumer- and shopping-related or other lifestyle content. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering amazing new products, major deals and noteworthy new brands, we'd love to hear from you!
- Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the HuffPost audience.
- Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics in order to strategically pitch new ideas
- Stay on top of current news and trends to pitch and write timely stories that readers are interested in at that very moment
- Previous shopping / eCommerce writing experience OR equivalent experience with other kinds of service journalism
- Previous experience with affiliate data and networks a plus
- Strong knowledge and interest in the following areas: Food/drink, style, beauty, wellness, fitness, health, work/life, travel, home, pets and parenting.
- Attention to detail
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Firm understanding of the HuffPost audience and voice
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed believes that work benefits from the diverse perspectives of the employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.