The InStyle Commerce Team is Seeking a Writer Who Will Write and Update Evergreen Content Across Beauty and Fashion-Related Topics
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about celebrities and has a vast knowledge about the best beauty and style products available. We are looking for someone who can create quality content and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Previous digital writing experience is a must, preferably around product recommendations and reviews.
About Your Contributions
- Update existing best-of lists and write new ones for InStyle.com, maintaining high-quality standards along the way.
- Find expert sources to provide background information and quotes for our lists and reviews, ideally with a celebrity tie-in.
- Research and write supplemental content like what to look for, pros/cons, buying guides, and more.
- Research new products, models, and trends, as well as competitor picks, to make sure we’re making the best recommendations to our readers.
- Assist in our testing process, whether evaluating products at home, writing up results, attending lab testing days, or gathering insights from testers or community members.
- Dissect results/data from Lab tests or home tests and create content based on the performance of those products during testing.
- Pitch content ideas to help fill in gaps in our evergreen library.
- 1-2 years of digital writing and/or editing experience
- A product enthusiast who spends time shopping and obsessing over purchases
- Interested in celebrities and the types of products they use in their daily lives
- Passionate about beauty and fashion with knowledge of the industries
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid writing skills, as well as a basic understanding of what works on the web
- Strong writer, capable of creating engaging, lively headlines and blurbs, all the while keeping the InStyle voice, values, style, and audience in mind
- Willing to pitch in wherever necessary and pivot onto other projects as needed
- Self-starter who wants to work for a growing company
- College degree required
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About InStyle