InStyle Has New Opening For Commerce Writer
The InStyle Commerce Team is Seeking a Writer Who Will Write and Update Evergreen Content Across Beauty and Fashion-Related Topics
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about celebrities and has a vast knowledge about the best beauty and style products available. We are looking for someone who can create quality content and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Previous digital writing experience is a must, preferably around product recommendations and reviews.
About Your Contributions
- Update existing best-of lists and write new ones for InStyle.com, maintaining high-quality standards along the way.
- Find expert sources to provide background information and quotes for our lists and reviews, ideally with a celebrity tie-in.
- Research and write supplemental content like what to look for, pros/cons, buying guides, and more.
- Research new products, models, and trends, as well as competitor picks, to make sure we’re making the best recommendations to our readers.
- Assist in our testing process, whether evaluating products at home, writing up results, attending lab testing days, or gathering insights from testers or community members.
- Dissect results/data from Lab tests or home tests and create content based on the performance of those products during testing.
- Pitch content ideas to help fill in gaps in our evergreen library.
- 1-2 years of digital writing and/or editing experience
- A product enthusiast who spends time shopping and obsessing over purchases
- Interested in celebrities and the types of products they use in their daily lives
- Passionate about beauty and fashion with knowledge of the industries
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid writing skills, as well as a basic understanding of what works on the web
- Strong writer, capable of creating engaging, lively headlines and blurbs, all the while keeping the InStyle voice, values, style, and audience in mind
- Willing to pitch in wherever necessary and pivot onto other projects as needed
- Self-starter who wants to work for a growing company
- College degree required
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About InStyle
Meet Pia Velasco, The New Senior Beauty Editor of InStyle
As 200 Staffers Lose Jobs At Dotdash Meredith, INSTYLE Print Edition Axed (AS WELL AS FIVE OTHER MAGAZINES)
Ava DuVernay Covers InStyle's March Issue
Leave a comment