InStyle Is Looking For Senior Beauty Editor
InStyle Is Looking For Senior Beauty Editor To Lead All Beauty Content On The InStyle Website
The Senior Beauty Editor leads the development and creation of all beauty content on the InStyle website by assigning, editing, and writing it as well as managing a small team. This role also supports the production of video and photo shoots to drive audience expansion, growth, and engagement. The Senior Beauty Editor will play a key role in identifying the specific ways in which our beauty content can reach new audiences as well as meet the needs of our existing audiences, with an eye toward inclusive and representative storytelling at all times.
Additionally, the Senior Editor:
- Works with Meredith’s Executive Editor, Beauty and InStyle’s Deputy Editor to plan and execute the digital editorial calendar
- Ideates, assigns, writes, and edits original articles daily comprising timely celebrity news, evergreen service content, and more deeply reported features
- Identifies, onboards, and trains new freelance writers, talent, and experts
- Coordinates with SEO leads to optimitze all content for search
- Leverages available metrics and research to ensure editorial content and plans align with consumer needs
- Acts as a representative of the InStyle team at press and/or brand events, identifying opportunities for content, social, and/or video
- Will appear as talent in video series, or across InStyle’s social platforms or be asked to leverage social media presence on behalf of our brands as opportunities arise.
Essential Job Functions
- Research, plan, assign, edit, schedule, and write content. Optimize content for organic search, social media, and newsletters when relevant.
- Leverage available metrics and research to ensure content and plans align with consumer needs and brand goals. Share learnings with brand and edit teams.
- Manage and work with freelance writers, assigning and editing content. Bring on new writers, talent, and experts for use in editorial content and/or social/video content.
- Work with video/social/design teams to create visual assets that support content or audience goals
- Represent our brands at PR and/or industry events
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and/or experience
- 5-7 years writing for consumer-facing websites, magazines, newspapers, or directly related field.
- Some experience managing a team or freelancers, and experience in digital media necessary.
- Experience and interest in beauty a must.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional writing and strong organizational skills.
- Comfort with inclusive writing and storytelling and a focus on true representation a must.
- Ability to interpret academic studies and fact check reporting highly preferred.
- Strong network of freelance writers, industry experts, and PR contacts is highly preferred.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with digital publishing programs, editing, e-mail and social media, is essential.
- Knowledge of interactive media and video preferred.
% Travel Required (Approximate): Less than 5%
Read More About InStyle On The Stylists Suite Page. Click Here.
Salma Hayek Is InStyle's Cover And True Example Of A Working Actress
Andra Day Covers InStyle's June Issue
Jennifer Hudson Is InStyle's August Cover
InStyle Magazine's Editor Emails and Social Media handles can be found in The Big Fat Media Guide. Order your copy today. CLICK HERE.
Leave a comment