Marie Claire Is Looking For A Senior Editor To Oversee All Career And Money Coverage For MarieClaire.com
Marie Claire is looking for a Senior Editor to oversee all career and money coverage for MarieClaire.com, its social channels, and all associated brand extensions, including programming for our tentpole Power Trip event and its franchises. The senior editor will also regularly contribute longform features and packages. Reporting to the deputy editor of Marie Claire, this person will work closely with her and the director of content strategy, to create content that serves the readers’ interest in business and money management; highlights female founders, c-suite executives, and leaders’ stories; and features interesting, entertaining, or educational storytelling.
This person will also work with the Creative Services team to help execute select pieces of branded content. Occasionally, this person will be asked to write news or service content on other topics of interest to the Marie Claire audience, including politics, culture, and lifestyle. The ideal candidate is a creative and dedicated reporter/writer/editor who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and is constantly striving to elevate the reputation of the brand.
- Pitch and execute all content for the career & money vertical on a weekly basis, including SEO stories, essays, profiles, and more
- Conceptualize and execute programming for Marie Claire’s annual Power Trip summit and its related franchises throughout the year, including devising themes, booking business speakers, and curating guest list, alongside the deputy editor, editor in chief, and talent and marketing teams
- Pitch and write or edit feature articles or packages for digital and print issues; commission such articles to freelance writers on an ad hoc basis; collaborate with art, video, fact-checking, and legal teams
- Liaise with the creative services team on execution of native content; assign such content to freelancers and edit and build in Marie Claire CMS as needed
What do I need to succeed?
- Substantial experience as a writer or editor in a consumer-facing newsroom
- Excellent reporting, writing, and editing skills
- Interest in business and finance and an eye for how these topics appeal to the Marie Claire reader specifically
- Knowledge of and contacts in the worlds of venture capital, tech, and early-stage companies
- Experience in working in a CMS and producing digital stories at a fast pace
- Knowledge of and interest in data, including what terms and themes will drive traffic and engagement
- Great at creative problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success - every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Central office locations with cool open plan working spaces
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues