Men’s Health Looking For Smart, Enthusiastic Editorial Assistant
Men’s Health is looking for a smart, enthusiastic editorial assistant to join the integrated print-digital-video team behind the world’s largest men’s magazine. Main responsibilities include writing both news and evergreen stories on topics as varied as entertainment, health, fitness, and style; pitch (and bring to life!) ideas for both the site and the print magazine; and assist with brainstorming and research for bigger packages. This is a full-time position based in the Men’s Health offices in New York City, reporting to the executive editors.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Pitch and write multiple digital stories per week, including news posts, listicles, expert-based articles, and more;
- Update existing stories with original reporting and following SEO best practices;
- Write articles for the print issue as well as text to accompany videos;
- Pitch both print and digital stories
- Attend and cover press previews and other industry events as needed
Who you are:
- A detail-oriented self-starter with an interest in reporting and writing
- A collaborator with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple deadlines
- Open to experimenting with content types and persistent reinvention to create appropriate content for a digital audience
- Previous experience (such as an internship) doing similar work with a major editorial or creative brand—digital, video, or print—is not required.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Writing Opportunity