Men's Health Has New Opening For Editorial Assistant
Men’s Health Looking For Smart, Enthusiastic Editorial Assistant
Men’s Health is looking for a smart, enthusiastic editorial assistant to join the integrated print-digital-video team behind the world’s largest men’s magazine. Main responsibilities include writing both news and evergreen stories on topics as varied as entertainment, health, fitness, and style; pitch (and bring to life!) ideas for both the site and the print magazine; and assist with brainstorming and research for bigger packages. This is a full-time position based in the Men’s Health offices in New York City, reporting to the executive editors.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Pitch and write multiple digital stories per week, including news posts, listicles, expert-based articles, and more;
- Update existing stories with original reporting and following SEO best practices;
- Write articles for the print issue as well as text to accompany videos;
- Pitch both print and digital stories
- Attend and cover press previews and other industry events as needed
Who you are:
- A detail-oriented self-starter with an interest in reporting and writing
- A collaborator with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple deadlines
- Open to experimenting with content types and persistent reinvention to create appropriate content for a digital audience
- Previous experience (such as an internship) doing similar work with a major editorial or creative brand—digital, video, or print—is not required.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Writing Opportunity
Meet Keith Nelson Jr, The New Senior Editor For Entertainment and Lifestyle of Men's Health
Meet Gerrick Kennedy, Writer of Men's Health's October's Cover
VIBE Seeking Assistant Editor, News
Leave a comment