Meredith is Looking for eCommerce Beauty Writer. You should apply.
The Commerce Content team at Meredith is looking for a beauty expert! The Beauty Writer will join a centralized team of writers and editors that create and distribute commerce content across many Meredith editorial brands including InStyle, People, Real Simple and Shape.
This unique opportunity requires someone who is passionate about beauty topics, eCommerce, writing, and product-focused journalism. The right candidate should also present a strong interest in testing, reviewing, and creating content around beauty-related products and services. Apply Here.
Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- Write commerce content focused on beauty that drives affiliate revenue
- Identify and carry out affiliate opportunities across beauty verticals, including
- constantly keeping an eye out for exciting ecommerce opportunities and testing products
- Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide editorial decisions
- Collaborate with editors across the entire Meredith portfolio and attend editorial meetings around pitches, traffic and revenue
- Update and optimize top evergreen content on various brands including InStyle and Real Simple
- Craft creative and thoughtful pitches related to beauty topics daily; take on longer search-based writing assignments based around relevant keywords
- Build own content within CMS
- Pull monthly affiliate earnings
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 2+ years experience as a beauty writer for an online publisher
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate experience and interest in creating commerce content for users along all stages of their purchasing journey (from browsing to researching and making a purchase)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within technical systems – content management systems (CMS)
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and matrixed organization
- A strong writer who enjoys/is interested in creating beauty commerce content and coming up with creative opportunities to generate sales
- Able to write strong headlines that drive high engagement/page views
- Familiar with SEO best practices
- Willing to use data to guide content decisions and methodical in testing ideas over and over again in order to achieve desired results
- Highly adaptable and quick to learn processes
- Knowledgeable about the beauty space
- Familiar with the Meredith portfolio
Leave a comment