People Has New Opening For Content Update Editor
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a contract writer-editor for entertainment and lifestyle content with PEOPLE. As an update editor, you will join Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers who work on sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure the accuracy of all of content. Update editors may write content, revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure content is detailed and comprehensive.
As a digital publisher that reaches millions per month, Dotdash Meredith has the power and responsibility to create positive change. They are focusing hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects mission for racial equity in everything they do.
PEOPLE are looking for editors who can commit to 20-40 hours a week of work. Applicants must live in the United States or Canada.
About Your Contributions:
- Research, write, and perform revisions, updates, and rewrites to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines
- Fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates
- At least 2 years experience writing or editing entertainment, pop culture, or celebrity-focused content
- Strong writing and editing skills and familiarity with writing in AP Style.
- Familiar with the PEOPLE brand and voice and entertainment/celebrity pop culture in general
- Strong research skills. You know what news sources are trustworthy and reliable and also know how to source information on the internet.
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- You are comfortable working remotely
- You have access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities