Rolling Stone Has A New Research Editor and Looking For Breaking News Editor
Introducing Brenna Ehrlich, The New Chief Research Editor of Rolling Stone
Brenna Ehrlich Posted:
"Some Personal News: I'm movin' up the @RollingStone world as the new Chief Research Editor. Apply for my current job and work with the best people on the planet (and @jasonrnewman)"
Brenna Ehrlich is a journalist and author who resides in New Jersey. She’s a young adult author, short story writer and freelance journalist. Her YA thriller, Killing Time, is out in the winter of 2022 via Inkyard Press/HarperCollins. She has written pieces for the likes of Rolling Stone, CNN, MTV News and Broadly, and has had short stories published in Moonchild Magazine, Cease, Cows and the Ginger Collect. She’s the co-author of the blog and book Stuff Hipsters Hate and the author of the YA thriller, Placid Girl. Brenna resides in Hackensack with her husband and their two strange gray cats, Nimbus and Hazel.
Follow Her On Twitter: @BrennaEhrlich and Instagram: brennaehrlich
Rolling Stone Is Seeking A Breaking News Editor
Join Rolling Stone's talented team as the editor overseeing the breaking news department. The ideal candidate is able to work independently, has impeccable news judgment, is able to assign and edit sensitively and smartly on stories of interest to diverse communities. This candidate should have the proven ability to advance rapidly-developing stories and deliver exclusive information on deadline. Finally, the candidate should be able to analyze social data to identify trends, and respond to breaking stories quickly, accurately and with style.
- Supervise a small team of staff writers covering breaking developments in music, politics, entertainment, internet culture, and crime news
- Assign, edit, and write articles that advance major stories and deliver exclusive information
- Write engaging headlines
- Brainstorm ideas with other reporters, editors, photographers, video producers, and social media managers
- Guide and mentor junior members of Rolling Stone’s news staff
- Manage, schedule and post content on social platforms
- 3-5 years of experience in a breaking news environment
- The ability to juggle several stories and projects at the same time and keep a cool head under pressure
- A proven track record of delivering exclusive material on deadline
- Fluency in political, national and cultural news
- Familiarity with digital news gathering tools
- Experience with analytics, social media management tools and basic photo/graphic/video editing skills are a plus.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. They offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. Continuously elevate the offerings with more, for you.
Read More About Rolling Stone On The Stylists Suite Page. Click Here.
Doja Cat Covers Rolling Stone January 2022 Issue
Anderson .Paak and Bruno Mars Covers Rolling Stone
Rolling Stone Appointed Tim Chan As Lifestyle & Market Editor
Leave a comment