The Hollywood Reporter Seeking New Associate Editor
The Hollywood Reporter Has A New Opening For Associate Editor
The Hollywood Reporter is seeking an Associate Editor with a passion for the entertainment industry to write, edit and publish breaking news and feature stories for THR’s dynamic, award-winning website, THR.com, as well as the brand’s social media platforms.
This editor will work primarily at night and on weekends and in the L.A. office.
The associate editor will be the first in line for identifying, advancing and writing breaking entertainment news stories, as well as aggregating from other authoritative sources, and editing stories from staff and freelance reporters. This role requires working with other members of the editorial team to prioritize assignments each day and could include reporting and writing multiple articles per day. The associate editor will also help curate the homepage for THR.com, post content on social media platforms and edit video. The editor will also have the opportunity to develop their own story ideas and contribute original reporting to the website and magazine.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years' experience writing and editing for a digital media site, magazine or newspaper
- Ability to identify and report out stories that are driving the conversation in the entertainment industry
- Excellent news judgment and an ability to write engaging articles quickly and accurately, as well as how to advance stories
- Strong editing skills
- Familiarity with CMS publishing and web production
- Understanding of SEO and similar content production best practices
- Experience curating content for social media platforms
- Experience with photo editing tools; video editing experience a plus
- Team player with positive, proactive, problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work late nights and weekend news shifts, and work in a 24/7 news cycle.
- Eagerness to cover industry events virtually or in person, such as premiers, festivals, awards shows and other entertainment-related gatherings.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About The Hollywood Reporter
Introducing The Cover Star of The Hollywood Reporter June Issue, Zahn McClarnon
Law Roach is crowned MOST POWERFUL on Hollywood Reporters Special Stylist Issue
The Hollywood Reporters Puts a Spotlight on Black Stylists that are carving their way in Fashion
Big Fat Media Guide 2022 Edition is AVAILABLE. GET YOUR COPY TODAY!
Leave a comment