People.com Has A New Opening For Commerce Writer, Apply Now!
The People.com commerce team is seeking a writer who will write and update evergreen content across beauty, fashion, tech, food, home, health, and more. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about celebrities and at least one (if not more) of the categories mentioned above. They are looking for someone who can create quality content and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Previous digital writing experience is a must, preferably around product recommendations and reviews.
About Your Contributions
- Update existing best-of lists and write new ones for People.com, maintaining high-quality standards along the way.
- Find expert sources to provide background information and quotes for our lists and reviews, ideally with a celebrity tie-in.
- Research and write supplemental content like what to look for, pros/cons, buying guides, and more.
- Research new products, models, and trends, as well as competitor picks, to make sure we’re making the best recommendations to our readers.
- Assist in our testing process, whether evaluating products at home, writing up results, attending lab testing days, or gathering insights from testers or community members.
- Dissect results/data from Lab tests or home tests and create content based on the performance of those products during testing.
- 1-2 years of digital writing and/or editing experience
- A product enthusiast who spends time shopping and obsessing over purchases
- Interested in celebrities and the types of products they use in their daily lives
- Passionate about at least one of the following categories: beauty, fashion, tech, food, home, health
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid writing skills, as well as a basic understanding of what works on the web
- Strong writer, capable of creating engaging, lively headlines and blurbs, all the while keeping the People.com voice, values, style, and audience in mind
- Willing to step in wherever necessary, even if that means writing across multiple categories or about topics you did not personally pitch
- Self-starter who wants to work for a growing company
- College degree required
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About People Magazine