Top 10 Travel Magazines that You should be Pitching Outside of Travel & Leisure
Yes, every travel writer wants their names up in the bylines of Travel and Leisure, I know what it feels like but I travel way too much to write for only one travel magazine so I put together a list for you to get your pitch in especially for the Travel Writers.
I've listed the top 10Travel Magazines that are taking pitches.
AFAR is the world’s leading travel media brand that inspires and guides travelers to have deeper, richer, and more meaningful experiences. We value a deep sense of cultural immersion and exploration and have been recognized for our vibrant and authentic travel photography. We don’t shy away from presenting places as they really are and we celebrate global diversity in all forms.
Our brand platforms include the award-winning AFAR Magazine, ; our nonprofit Learning AFAR, and our immersive travel series, AFAR Experiences.
Black & Abroad is a multi-platform travel & lifestyle company. Since 2015, our digital outlets, international events and travel experiences have redefined experiences for the modern Black traveler. We pride ourselves on curating international, culturally conscious luxury & adventure travel moments for Black travelers while providing a crowd-sourced information hub for urban explorers. Seeing a need to elevate the community through world exploration, our collective of influencers have come together to share their travel experiences to assist us in showing familiar faces in unfamiliar places and expose the world to nuanced, diverse, narratives within the travel community.
Sunset is the premier resource for achieving the ultimate Western lifestyle. Our experts focus on travel destinations in the 13 Western states, home design and outdoor living ideas suited to our region, and recipes and menus that celebrate the West.
Published monthly, Sunset shares the best of life in the West―from travel and food to home and garden―with our nearly six million readers. We are passionate about showcasing the region’s unique lifestyle and noteworthy destinations, inspiring people to achieve the dream of living in the West
The NOMADS story is simple. We want to take a magical carpet ride into the minds and lives of some of the most interesting people on the planet. We want to climb into their suitcases and glide through their never ending adventures into the magical, mystical, moments of their lives. We want to eat, feel, laugh and cry, too. We want our minds to piggyback on their souls as they lead us down those dimly lit passageways, the dusty back roads, and the lobster infested dinner tables. We want to dive into their infinity pool of creation, back stories, folklore, and long lost loves. We want to remember their uncivilized behavior, relish in their afterglow, kiss the lips of their childhood memories, and jump into their greatest desires. We want to feel what they feel, hear the sounds of the much too loud background, and be blinded by the light of their smiles. We want to be exhausted by their highs, and smitten by the comeback from their lows. It is the creative life that we want, in all its glorious, brilliant, intriguing and beguiling ways. We want the adventure of touring the slippery slope of love, compassion, faith, and healing. And we’re crazy enough to want to share it all with YOU.
National Geographic Travel has the largest digital reach of any media brand in consumer travel. Through visually driven storytelling across platforms, we offer practical tools, advice, and inspiration for planning trips to iconic places and the great outdoors. We focus on sustainable travel, national parks and wild places, UNESCO World Heritage sites, family travel, and stories that reveal the authentic qualities, histories, and cultures of places.
What we’re looking for:
- Expert reporters and photographers who can create original, insightful, and relevant travel articles that appeal to wide audiences.
- Relevant and timely travel articles that provide a deeper look at destinations, trends, and travel experiences through the National Geographic lenses of science, culture and history, wildlife and wild spaces, conservation, and community.
- Sustainable travel stories
- Outdoor adventure and national park stories
- Iconic places, world heritage, and culture stories
- Diverse perspectives
- Family travel advice
- Trip-planning tools
- Before you pitch, carefully consider the kinds of travel stories we publish.
- (Please let us know if you traveled on a press trip, accepted discounts, or received hosting of any kind.)
Skift is New York Times, Sunday Times Travel Section
Our mailing address is 145 W. 30th Street, 5th floor, New York, NY 10001.
We can be reached by phone at 215-313-8885.
If you would like to speak to an editor or reporter about a story, you can contact them as follows:
- Tom Lowry — Editor-in-Chief — email@example.com
- Dennis Schaal — Executive Editor — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sean O’Neill — Senior Travel Tech Editor — email@example.com
- Matthew Parsons — Corporate Travel Editor — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lebawit Lily Girma — Global Tourism Reporter — email@example.com
- Cameron Sperance — Hospitality Reporter — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruthy Muñoz — Contributor — email@example.com
- Raini Hamdi — Editor-at-Large — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Sumers — Editor-at-Large — email@example.com
- Miguel Neves — Editor-in-Chief, EventMB — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dylan Monorchio — Deputy Editor, EventMB — email@example.com
Outside, formerly Pocket Outdoor Media, is the world’s leading creator of active lifestyle content and experiences.
Across web, print, podcast, social, video, and TV, our brands reach 70 million of the most active and influential consumers in the world every month. Our brands include: Outside Integrated Media, OutsideTV, Gaia GPS, athleteReg, Peloton Magazine, Yoga Journal, SKI, BACKPACKER, VeloNews, Climbing, Rock & Ice, Gym Climber, Trail Runner, Women’s Running, Triathlete, Better Nutrition, Bicycle Retailer & Industry News, Clean Eating, Fly Fishing Film Tour, IDEA Health and Fitness Association, Muscle & Performance, NASTAR, National Park Trips, NatuRx, Oxygen, PodiumRunner, Roll Massif, SNEWS, The Voice, Vegetarian Times, VeloPress, VeloSwap, Paleo Mag, Beta, FinisherPix, and Warren Miller Entertainment.
Outside is headquartered in Boulder, with offices in Denver, Carbondale, Easthampton (MA), Frankfurt, New York City, Ojai, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Fe, and Toronto.
Wanderlust is the UK’s leading independent travel magazine, delivering inspiration and advice to travellers seeking unique and enriching travel experiences.
Inside each issue:
- Trip inspiration - written by leading travel writers giving you plenty of ideas, itineraries and practical information to plan your next trip
- Ideas and tips - on a variety of topics such as alternative ideas for weekend breaks, advice on travel health and photography tips
- Reviews - on the best travel gear, travel books, around-the-world events and films
- Competitions - to win trips, weekend breaks, books and travel gear
- Celebrity interviews - Simon Reeve, Anita Rani, Paul Theroux, Joanna Lumley and many more
Departures and other airline magazines
Conde Nast Traveler
Condé Nast Traveler is a luxury and lifestyle travel magazine published by Condé Nast. The magazine has won 25 National Magazine Awards. The Condé Nast unit of Advance Publications purchased Signature, a magazine for Diners Club members, for $25 million in 1986