This Senior Editor will be responsible for assigning and editing content of all lengths and formats, from short news items to long-form features. They will oversee the Experiences section of T+L, which typically runs 12-15 pages in the middle of the book, where we run first-person travel stories ranging from 1-5 pages. They will also be expected to assign and edit long-form well features and manage tentpole packages such as Destination of the Year, Global Vision Awards, World’s Best Restaurants, or It List. This candidate needs to have solid editing and assigning experience, ideally in the travel space. They should also be a self-starter, highly organized, and a creative thinker.
This position is based in New York.
Essential Job Functions
- 50% Editing travel content for the print issue of T+L (approximately 80 pages per year)
- 30% Liaising with freelance writers, agents and publicists on pitches and industry news
- 10% Planning and setting up writer travel
- 10% Composing pitch documents, shoot lists, and other internal admin
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- College degree in journalism or related field or relevant experience
- 3-5 years’ experience editing and writing copy for lifestyle or travel publication. Knowledge of the travel industry is preferred.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 5%