Vanity Fair Has A New Opening For Associate Editor
Vanity Fair Is Looking For An Ambitious And Energetic Editor To Join The Hive
Vanity Fair seeks an ambitious and energetic editor to join the Hive, its news vertical devoted to authoritative, real-time coverage of politics, tech, media, and business. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting newshound who can assign and edit daily and weekly stories, as well as longer features. This position reports to the Hive’s executive editor.
- Help lead the daily content charge on the Hive vertical, assigning and editing stories across a team of writers.
- Help writers shape their story ideas to help them go beyond the news of the day.
- Contribute to the creation of the daily Hive newsletter.
- Be ready to jump on breaking news as necessary, and participate in live coverage of debates, election nights, and other relevant live moments
- Use traffic data and social-media feedback to optimize performance and maintain consistent growth
- Partner with other key departments including photo, video, social, PR, audience development, etc.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum three years’ experience in a fast-paced, news-driven environment
- Ability to balance daily deadlines with longer-lead stories across platforms
- Experience using a CMS to publish a high volume of daily content
- Knowledge of and passion for the personalities and dramas of the Hive’s core coverage areas
- Experience covering breaking news and/or current events on a digital platform
- Social media-savvy, and experience using social platforms to monitor conversations around major events
- Experience overseeing content from brainstorm to deployment— approving ideas, sourcing art, scheduling posts, promotion on newsletters and social, etc.
- Strong writing skills with ability to contribute great ideas
Read more About Vanity Fair On The Stylists Suite Page. Click Here.
Vanity Fair Is Hiring A Visuals Editor
Who Is Yohana Desta? Vanity Fair's Hollywood Reporter
Did You See Issa Rae's Vanity Fair Cover Styled By Shiona Turini
Vanity Fair's Editor Emails and Social Media handles can be found in The Big Fat Media Guide. Order your copy today. CLICK HERE.
Leave a comment