Vanity Fair Seeks a Staff Writer to Join its Vanities Team
Vanity Fair is a cultural filter, sparking the global conversation about the people and ideas that matter most. Muscular long-form journalism, stunning photography, insightful essays, and superb design make each issue of Vanity Fair a must-read. Every month, the magazine commissions the best writers and photographers to explain the pressing issues of the day and take the pulse of the culture. Vanity Fair consistently delivers crucial reporting on business and finance, domestic politics and world affairs, even as it covers the very best in arts and entertainment.
Vanity Fair seeks a staff writer to join its Vanities team, home to authoritative coverage of royals, style, celebrity, culture, current events, and the intersection of them all.
This position reports to the Vanities executive editor.
- Mix newswriting, commentary, and original reporting to contribute to Vanity Fair’s daily digital output
- Pitch and write feature stories on all manner of culture-driven stories, including profiles of rising talent, trend pieces, interviews, and more
- Maintain a next-level cultural radar for what’s new and what’s next, with a passion for bringing it to readers
- Be a one-person publishing outfit, sourcing photos and videos and posting directly to the site using our content management system
- Use traffic data and social-media feedback to find new coverage areas, optimize performance, and maintain consistent growth
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- College degree and at least two (2) to three (3) years of writing experience
- Enthusiastic about style, culture, and the Vanity Fair brand
- Experience using content management systems and major social media platforms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced/deadline-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Ability to anticipate needs and execute quickly
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and Vanity Fair will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. Condé Nast evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.