Vogue hires Rachel Besser as its new Market Editor
Rachel previously worked as a freelance fashion consultant and writer; she has also worked as a Market Editor for Domino magazine and Refinery29.
Rachel has held positions as the Head of Styling at Refinery29, Fashion Market Editor at Refinery29, Market Editor at Domino Magazine, video host and producer at Refinery29 (her favorite on-camera experiences were hosting a red carpet segment for the ESPY AWARDS and her FANTASY FOOTBALL SERIES), and also held roles at Vogue Magazine, and Harper's Bazaar, to name a few.
She is also a muse for Prada, as her face appeared on Prada's runway and clothing for its Spring 2014 collection.
If you ever wanted to know what a "Market Editor" does. Here's a brief breakdown.
- Pitch and write daily content for Vogue with a focus on shopping stories designed to drive commerce
- Merchandize for strong affiliate conversion while maintaining Who What Wear’s aspirational and fashion-forward POV
- Keep a finger on the pulse of retailers, brands, trends, key players, and industry news
- Track analytics on multiple story KPIs, with a special focus on affiliate, to ensure team and personal goals are met
- Develop editorial franchises that build brand equity
- Bring an innovative and creative approach to our traditionally top-performing story categories
- Build a roster of experts and story contributors to add compelling voices to the content mix
- Manage freelancer and/or intern contributions
Her contributor's page:
Leave a comment