W Magazine Seeking New Culture Editor. Apply Now!
W Magazine Has A New Opening For Culture Editor
Wmagazine.com is seeking a full-time culture editor to help develop and oversee the site’s entertainment coverage including film, television, music, books, and the internet/zeitgeist. This role is located in New York City; and will not be able to consider remote candidates.
The culture editor will work closely with the executive digital director and senior digital editor to shape coverage, and will be responsible for writing and editing news, service, and feature articles that appeal to W’s audience via search and social platforms.
The ideal candidate has a deep interest in and strong knowledge of all things entertainment—from arthouse films and indie musicians to mainstream blockbusters. This person must have the ability to produce stories with original reporting and thoughtful angles, a knack for discovering up-and-coming talent and trends, and an eye toward story optimization and performance.
W covers where fashion and style intersect with the worlds of film, television, music, art, politics and the social media sphere, and a broad-ranging understanding of the relationship between the entertainment and fashion industries, as well as their major players, is key.
- Plan and coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly culture coverage for Wmagazine.com
- Write and conduct interviews for W editorial franchises and features
- Cultivate and manage a stable of freelance writers
- Assign and edit feature stories and profiles
- Establish and maintain editorial franchises, including the site's daily creation and updates of SEO-forward stories
- Write relevant news coverage, essays, and profiles
- Secure exclusive interviews with talent on timely projects
- Cultivate, maintain and nurture relationships with industry contacts
- Attend relevant screenings, concerts, and other events with an eye for on-site and social coverage
This role will require some weekend and evening hours as neededRequirements
- 3 to 5 years of related editorial experience
- Strong editorial judgment, news writing and editing skills
- Industry contacts in New York and beyond
- Must be well-organized, able to meet and help others meet deadlines
- Experience in booking talent and securing exclusive interviews
- Familiarity with SEO best practices, major social networks, emerging platforms, as well as audience development and traffic statistics
- Ability to write and edit fast, without compromising factual information or brand integrity
- Comfortable networking and attending events on behalf of the brand
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude-Relationships with freelance writers
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About W Magazine
Zendaya Graces Cover of W Magazine's Directors Issue
Jennifer Hudson Graces Cover Of W Magazine's Best Performances Issue
Thuso Mbedu Graces W Magazine's Pop Issue Cover
Connect With Editors by Ordering Your Copy of The Big Fat Media Guide
GET YOUR COPY TODAY!
Introducing Stylists Suite News YouTube Channel
Leave a comment