Writing Gigs for Freelancers Like Me
GROUP NINE MEDIA is hiring a Living Editor and Content Strategist
About the team:
Group Nine’s Brandshop is looking for a well-organized, versatile, detail-oriented editor to join our branded content team. If you love writing and editing lifestyle content, working with writers to make their content shine, strategizing for SEO-winning content, and working collaboratively with brand partners, designers, photographers, and more, we want to meet you! Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced editor with a passion for lifestyle and living content (health, wellness, food, travel, entertainment, pets, etc.), a knack for organization, and an analytical eye.
Looking for an experienced (4-6 yrs) editor to help create branded content for Thrillist, The Dodo, POPSUGAR, NowThis & Seeker as part of the best team in the biz. Please apply if this is you or share with your networks!
/Film is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our feature team.
Ideal candidates have at least 1 year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on movie, television, and entertainment industry content similar to /Film. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient, versatile, well-versed in both contemporary pop culture and film and TV history, and who have a strong critical perspective and unique voice. We don't just want writers; we want writers with something to say. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter. Apply here.
Digital Spy is looking for a Freelance News Reporter to cover TV, Movies, Soaps, and showbiz, as well as reacting to live TV If you wanna work for the UK's biggest entertainment website - apply now!
Curbed is looking for an experienced Senior Editor who is deeply familiar with the workings of New York City.
This person will edit daily blogs and features, generate incisive story and package ideas, and work with our freelance network to build an outstanding site for city news and commentary.
Vulture is looking for a news editor!
Senior News Editor, Vulture
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform. Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
VIBE is looking for a Senior Music Editor
VIBE is looking to add an exceptional Senior Music Editor to its growing team. We are seeking a seasoned Senior Music Editor who has a deep knowledge of music, specifically the genres of hip-hop and R&B. This exceptional writer has a have a passion for the genres’ global impact and influence on other styles of music. They stay ahead of the curve on trends, talent, and hot topics while being able to build the bridge between hip-hop and R&B’s past, present, and future.
This individual’s mission will be to convey the stories that need to be told by way of analyzing, critiquing, educating, and informing our audience. The full-time role will be based in the New York City area. Editor will report to the Executive Editor and Editor-in-Chief.
- Edit original features—cover stories, lists, profiles, reported pieces, and reviews
- Write accurate and concise music-related news articles as needed
- Develop and oversee original stories based on music events, music news and music releases
- Spearhead ideation of original content around hip-hop culture and related topics
- Commission freelance contributors, staff writers and reporters for big lists and features
- Utilize investigative reporting skills and network to break news and secure exclusives
- Occasionally conduct interviews with subjects in and connected to the hip-hop/R&B space
- Collaborate with VIBE’s editorial, marketing/sales, social, and video teams on original and branded content projects
- Represent the brand at music industry conferences, events, and on press/media platforms
- 6+ years of experience as a writer and editor
- Strong relationships and contacts within the music industry
- Possesses an affinity for developing and executing a story idea, from start to finish
- Solid familiarity with VIBE’s history in the coverage of hip-hop and R&B is preferred
- Background in reporting and writing in a breaking news environment a plus