Allure is Seeking a Staff Writer
Allure is Hiring a Staff Writer to Conceptualize and Execute Stories Across Print and Digital
Allure is the beauty expert, an insiders’ guide to a woman’s total image, with a print audience of 5.3 million and an average monthly online audience of 13 million. Allure is the world’s most trusted voice in beauty. With vibrant imagery, rigorous reporting, and powerful storytelling, Allure is a vital guide to the trends, people, innovations, procedures, and products that matter most in makeup, skin, hair, and wellness. Allure celebrates inclusivity and drives the cultural conversation around representation, helping to expand the way society sees beauty—and the way we see ourselves.
Allure is seeking a staff writer to conceptualize and execute stories across print and digital. They will be responsible for writing and editing beauty features, news stories, and market guides, and contributing fresh ideas/concepts for all brand platforms as well as branded content projects. Applicants with beauty/beauty writing experience are especially encouraged to apply (we welcome freelance and/or full-time experience equally). This position reports to the Executive Beauty Director.
- Pitch, report, and write compelling and voice-y stories across all of Allure's platforms
- Establish and maintain relationships with beauty brands and industry experts to secure multi-platform exclusives
- Support editorial and social teams as needed on copywriting; print and digital cover rollouts, and social content
- Develop and maintain relationships with hairstylists, makeup artists, dermatologists, and other experts in the field
- Attend beauty market appointments and represent the Allure team at events as requested by the brand
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years covering beauty for a publication
- Passionate about creating change in the beauty industry
- Ambitious, cliche-averse writer with proven ability to turn around stories in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong reporting skills
- Ability to contribute original ideas
- Fantastic collaborator and communicator
- Willingness to learn new skills, incorporate editorial feedback to improve work, and make decisions informed by data and performance
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, writing in a CMS, SEO tools, social scheduling tools, and/or Google Analytics are a plus
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and Allure will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Allure's Editor Emails and Social Media handles can be found in the Big Fat Media Guide. Get Your Copy Now. CLICK HERE.