ALLURE is Hiring a Senior Commerce Writer to Craft Unique and Compelling Shopping-Focused Content
The ideal candidate will be passionate about beauty products and shopping across every category, whether that means sourcing the best deals on tried-and-true skin care or reading every review to find the flat iron that’s actually worth the price our readers will be excited to buy and try. Additionally, they should feel comfortable writing across shopping, beauty-adjacent categories. They should have a strong background in product journalism and an understanding of how to skillfully position a story to attract readers and drive purchases.
The Commerce Writer should be comfortable optimizing all shopping content, using best practices for affiliate and SEO. The ideal candidate enjoys analyzing traffic and conversion results to inform future stories, as well as brainstorming new ways to engage our audience around commerce-driven stories on all digital platforms. This role reports into Allure’s Senior Commerce Editor.
- Write, pitch and optimize up to 12 commerce stories (new and evergreen) each week, working with the Allure editorial teams to ensure that all content is modern and on-brand.
- Work with the Commerce Editor and Senior Commerce Editor to manage a long-term commerce editorial calendar to feature ongoing and seasonal shopping content
- Identify and plan around editorial categories and seasonal tent poles that present a commerce opportunity for Allure, studying purchasing data, tracking site analytics, researching trends, and performing competitive analysis of comparable sites
- Identify new shopping categories and trending products Allure should test out. This writer should have their finger on the pulse of what consumers are interested in before other publications cover
- Alongside the Commerce Editor, serve as commerce evangelist for the Allure editorial team, supporting in research and optimization of all shoppable content
- Manage logistics for any product call-ins and returns
- Coordinate closely with the Commerce and Audience Development teams to share data and best practices that can inform editorial decision-making
- Drive a clear editorial point of view for product and shopping recommendations appealing to the Allure reader
Qualifications:The ideal candidate must have product & shopping editorial expertise and a strong enthusiasm for helping define the content-to-commerce strategy at Allure.
- A minimum of two years writing or editing commerce/affiliate content at a digital property, as well as refining commerce best practices
- Solid knowledge of SEO tactics to attract a buying audience
- Familiarity with building, coding, and executing newsletters in a strategic and efficient capacity
- Experience analyzing performance across different verticals, product categories, retailers and content types to optimize for revenue generation
- Experience in managing product sourcing logistics at a digital property (either editorial or commerce)
- Strong organizational skills, a self-directed work style, and polished communication skills
- A self-starter who relishes the opportunity to directly accelerate the growth of Conde Nast’s commerce business