This stylish and very trade-driven magazine, Architect is searching for an editorial team in that they are looking for an editor and writer with 5-7 years experience.
Someone that has an interest in architecture, design, people, and places. Apply through our publisher Zonda home.
Zonda is looking for a passionate Senior Editor evolve and expand our team.
Zonda is seeking a smart, savvy, and collaborative Senior Editor to cover architecture and design for ARCHITECT magazine, the leading authority on the future of architecture and design for commercial and residential design professionals who are shaping the world into a healthier, more sustainable, and more equitable place for all.
The Senior Editor will be responsible for writing, commissioning, and editing original print and online stories on firm projects, design trends, and people. The Senior Editor should be adept at reporting, executing short- and long-term columns, and cultivating a network of sources.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Understanding and identifying broad themes and ongoing developments in architectural and design practices
- Pitching, reporting, writing, and editing original stories related to design in many formats, including short- and long-form, monthly columns, Q+As, and breaking news stories
- Becoming a credible voice of the architecture and design community
- Managing and supporting special editorial projects and competitions
- Generating a source contact list of architects, designers, business leaders, and media/public relations representatives
- Curating third-party content that engages the audience and supports brand initiatives
- Identifying and managing freelance writers
- Traveling to and covering industry events, networking meetings, trade shows, and conferences, both domestic and overseas
Qualified candidates should possess the following education and skills:
- Five to seven (5-7) years of reporting and editorial experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in English, communications, journalism, or architecture and design
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Self-starter but also team-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InCopy), and website content management systems
- Thoughtful and active presence on social media
- Familiarity with SEO and web analytics
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred
- Curiosity and interest in architecture and design preferred
Please include a cover letter, resume, and links or PDFs to three published clips with your application here.
Zonda looks for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. When you join our team, you’ll be in a unique position to make a change with every project. You’ll use your full range of skills to build great experiences. You’ll be supported with the necessary tools, and you'll be working with an awesome and like-minded team. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative - all working to build the future of housing.