Bustle Is Looking An Entertainment News Writer
Bustle is seeking a full-time Entertainment News Writer to write and report on all things pop culture, from celebrity engagements to movie casting news. The writer will report to the Senior Celebrity Editor, and daily responsibilities will include pitching and writing quick, informative, clean, and entertaining pieces about the people and projects relevant to Bustle entertainment’s audience with an eye towards growing traffic on search and social. The writer will also help ideate content for bigger packages and initiatives across Bustle, write interviews when necessary, and utilize live traffic data to inform their own assignments.
Applicants should have at least 2+ years of entertainment writing experience with a proven ability to consistently brainstorm pitches with unique angles and turn in clean copy on a tight deadline. Candidates must also possess a strong individual voice and a deep understanding of the celebrity and pop culture landscape.
- Write 4-5 entertainment news stories per day comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Cover live events like awards shows as needed, and show initiative and flexibility when news breaks during evenings and weekends
- Understand and follow best practices for SEO and social
- Collaborate with other entertainment sections on story creation, particularly in response to entertainment news events
- 2+ years writing about entertainment for an online publication
- Ability to turn in clean, accurate, well-sourced, and authoritative copy in a timely fashion and accept feedback
- Follow Bustle SEO, style, and writing/reporting guidelines
- A knack for writing with voice and flair, and finding unique angles on the day’s news
- Comfort covering a wide range of people and topics under entertainment
- A sense for what makes a Bustle story
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Writing Opportunities