Oprah Daily Looking For News & Culture Writer
Oprah Daily is Seeking News & Culture Writer
Oprah Daily is looking for a thoughtful, creative, fast and energetic team player who loves culture, entertainment, wellness and personal growth news, and all things Oprah to join fast-growing editorial team. As news & culture writer, you will generate ideas and pitch stories; cover news and trends in the Oprah universe and the broader cultural landscape; build digital stories; and write copy for digital and print pieces, working across departments at Oprah Daily. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Stay on top of news and culture trends, and write stories for OprahDaily.com
- Pitch and develop story ideas in the Oprah Daily voice, across content categories including culture, news, personal growth & development, relationships and wellness
- Report and write stories assigned by editors from across the brand
- Write copy for both digital and print pieces
- First-edit stories under the guidance and direction of senior editors and top editors at the brand
Who you are:
- You have 5 years of digital or print media experience in the consumer lifestyle space
- You have a familiarity with and a passion for the Oprah brand—and for editorial mission to support audience’s goals to live with purpose
- You’re able to quickly and consistently write in the Oprah Daily voice: oriented toward bringing daily delight into audience’s lives, and supporting their journey toward living their best lives
- You are excited to pitch story ideas that align with the brand voice and have the potential to bring in large audiences using SEO best practices and learnings from Google Analytics and Google Trends.
- You are detail-oriented, professional, energetic, and have the desire to grow and thrive in a fast-paced, publishing environment
- You are a team player with a problem-solving mindset who is excited to join a start-up team and build a new culture and brand.
- You love great storytelling
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities
Introducing Beauty Director of Oprah Daily, Kate Sandoval Box
Introducing Senior Editor of Oprah Daily, Adrienne Farr
Oprah Daily's Books Editor - Wadzanai Mhute
Leave a comment