Bustle Looking For Fashion Writer
Bustle is Seeking a Remote, Part-Time Writer to Cover Fashion
Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing news stories as well as longer-lead reported articles, including service-driven content, interviews, and trend pieces. Areas of coverage include celebrity style, TikTok trends, runway shows, and more. A passion for viral style, an innate capability to trendspot, and the ability to write about fashion inclusively are crucial.
Some stories will require the writer to find sources, conduct phone interviews, and find highly-rated products. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts (think influencers, stylists, thought leaders, and brand reps) is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to work 3 days per week during ET business hours, up to 28 hours per week. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Senior Fashion Editor throughout their shift.
- Write 6-8 500-word stories per week comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Stay up-to-date on the latest fashion trends, research, and influential thought leaders to produce authoritative content
- Manage ongoing assignments, including conducting interviews and follow-ups
- Applicants should have at least 2 years experience covering fashion topics at an online publication
- Ability to turn in clean, well-sourced, accurate copy in a timely manner
- Comfort covering sensitive topics
- Familiarity with the Bustle brand and aesthetic A sense for what makes a Bustle story
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Bustle
Bustle Has New Opening For Lifestyle Writer
Bustle is Seeking a Remote, Part-Time Writer To Cover Beauty
Introducing The Cover Star of Bustle's March Issue, Keke Palmer
Leave a comment