Cosmopolitan Looking For Assistant Beauty Editor
Cosmopolitan is looking for a assistant editor who loves talking about all things beauty—and loves writing about them even more. From viral hair products and TikTok skincare hacks, to at-home nail treatments and celebrity makeup trends, the Cosmo beauty team strives to be an expert resource and educational database on the world of beauty. They prioritize inclusivity, authority, and relatability in language and content, and the ultimate goal is helping all readers feel supported through rigorous reporting, informed product picks, and impactful storytelling.
Cosmopolitan'sbeauty team can break down the difference between high vs. low hair porosity, chemical vs. physical sunscreens, 3a curls vs. 4b hair—all while giving a Ted Talk on every known type of hormonal acne treatment. They want beauty to be a safe and fun space for everyone, and excited to welcome a new assistant beauty editor who can help contribute their own voice, ideas, and vision to the team.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Ideate, write, and build weekly SEO, e-comm, and evergreen beauty stories using internal analytics and data to optimize your content
- Contribute to each print issue by pitching ideas and writing stories as needed
- Regularly interview and work with top industry experts for print and digital stories
- Contribute fresh, unique ideas for both print and digital, from features to photoshoots to essays
- Represent the beauty team at industry events and desksides
- Maintain the setup and organization of the beauty closet, from unboxing mailers to executing beauty sales
- Oversee and manage any future beauty fellows or beauty interns
Who you are:
- 1-2+ years of experience with editing and/or writing for a consumer audience, with particular emphasis on beauty and/or wellness content
- Be based in the NYC area, or be willing to relocate
- Proven ability to receive and digest editorial feedback to improve work
- Can hit deadlines 100% of the time in a collaborative, quicker-paced environment
- Deep knowledge (or enthusiasm!) of beauty, beauty trends, and the beauty industry
- Experience with SEO best practices and/or are quick to learn and utilize Google Analytics and other data-analyzing tools
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Cosmopolitan