Elite Daily is Seeking a Part-Time Celebrity Writer
Noelle Devoe, Celebrity Editor at Elite Daily Posted
'Hi Twitter! I'm hiring a remote, part-time writer to cover celeb and music news for Elite Daily. Pay is hourly and DOE. If you're interested or know someone who may be, here are the details:'
Elite Daily is seeking a remote, part-time Celebrity Writer to join its Entertainment team. Interested applicants should have extensive knowledge of, and be passionate about, celebrity culture and the global music scene. This person should exhibit strong news judgment, have a unique perspective and voice, and possess the ability to turn around thoughtful, clean, and engaging content on the entertainment topics Elite Daily readers are obsessed with.
Writers will cover anything and everything related to celebrity, music, and pop culture. This includes awards season coverage, breaking news, album releases, singles, videos, tour information, influencers, and social media updates of interest. Ideal candidates will be up to date on music releases from Top 40 radio staples (e.g. Doja Cat, Billie Eilish, and The Weeknd), artists blowing up on the global scene (e.g. Bad Bunny and BTS), and the industry’s most promising new talent before they become the next Olivia Rodrigo. In addition, this writer should be adept at analyzing music lyrics and videos for Easter eggs that are bound to go viral. Finally, candidates should be on the pulse of social media and be able to recognize the TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram influencers who matter.
This is a part-time position. Writers will work remotely on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ability to write 3 articles per shift, covering celebrity and music news on tight deadlines
- Find and pitch stories that cater to Elite Daily's voice and style
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and teasers
- Cover upcoming album releases, singles, videos, tour information, and social media updates of interest
- Availability to work remotely 3 days per week
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- A passion for celebrity, music, and influencer news
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- A strong voice, unique perspective, and innovative ideas
- Proficient at writing in AP Style
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.