ESSENCE is Looking for a Commerce Editor
Cori Murray, Deputy Editor at ESSENCE Posted
"Hey do you know someone who loves to shop, write and edit? @Essence
is hiring a commerce editor. Apply here 👉🏾"
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Help conceive, execute and produce shoppable content with the editorial voice across ESSENCE platforms, which include ESSENCE magazine, ESSENCE.com and ESSENCE Festival of Culture in New Orleans.
This position reports to: Lifestyle Director + Style & Beauty Editor
- Work closely with lifestyle and style (fashion & beauty) team leads ideating and curating editorial shoppable lists, guides and affiliate content across platforms
- Have a discerning style and analytical eye for developing, pitching, and producing shoppable content targeted to Black women and the African diaspora community
In this role, the Contributing Commerce Editor will:
- Write, assign, edit, produce and publish commerce/shoppable content, with ESSENCE editorial voice, on ESSENCE.com and as needed market pages within ESSENCE magazine.
- Research and pitch African American and global diasporic focused brands, companies and products for Black-owned shoppable lists and gift guides
- Collaborate with lifestyle and style team leads on content that is optimized for affiliate.
- Ideate with lifestyle and style team leads on content supporting tentpole cultural events such as national and prominent holidays, as well as significant anniversaries, birthdays and events (Oscars, etc.)
- Ability to conceptualize and execute big picture ideas each quarter.
- Have an editorial eye for style
- Knowledge of lifestyle, wellness, home, style and beauty brands plus big retail shopping dates (Prime Day, Cyber Monday, Wayday, spring/winter shopping events) and have strategy in place to maximize results.
- Monitor content performance, reviewing traffic analytics to determine SEO opportunities and other data-driven decision-making to inform editorial decisions.
- Review and edit Stack Commerce content partners to align with ESSENCE editorial voice
- Maintain knowledge and contacts of African American and global diaspora brands, as well as major and small business brands across categories
- Maintain editorial calendar and ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with newsletter editor on daily newsletter placements.
- Proficient as a digital producer using SEO, WordPress (or compatible CMS) and photo cropping.
- Maintain knowledge of political and social justice hot topics, as well as race, gender and culture issues and trends
- Liaison with executive and senior teams across editorial, digital, marketing and live events
- Able to work both independently and as a key member of our very tight-knit team.
- A strong writer/editor/digital producer with exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Read More About ESSENCE on The Stylists Suite Page. Click Here.
Meet the Four New Essence Magazine Editors
Meet Brooklyn White-Grier, ESSENCE's Fall Global Black Fashion Issue Cover Story Writer
Meet Essence Magazine's New Fashion and Beauty Writer, Greg Emmanuel
Leave a comment