Glamour Has A New Opening For Editorial Assistant
The editorial assistant is a vital member of the Glamour team and is responsible for providing administrative support to the Editorial Director of Glamour, Americas and the editorial staff at large when needed. Glamour is looking for a candidate who is organized, efficient, deadline-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize accordingly. The ideal candidate will have a dive-right-in mindset and is equally as excited to research and/or write a story as they are to assist with key behind-the-scenes tasks such as homepage updates, photo research, working on SEO content, and learning every facet of Copilot, proprietary content management system (CMS). This is a full-time position. Flexibility, a positive attitude, and a creative mind will go far in this role!
Administrative Support to the Editorial Director
- Email and calendar management, coordinating and supporting all of the Editorial Director’s meetings and events internally and externally.
- Coordinating staff meetings and conference rooms.
- Prepping materials for meetings and events.
- Booking all aspects of travel including air, hotel and ground transportation nationally and internationally.
- Managing expenses and submitting timely expense reports.
- Maintain contact lists for both internal and external contacts.
- Answering phone calls and taking accurate and timely notes to assist the follow-up process.
- Managing general office administration and supplies; liaising with tech and facilities to
- Coordinate maintenance issues as necessary.
Editorial & Digital Content Support
- Assist with day-to-day digital needs for Glamour’s editorial team, including building articles, transcription, research, and photo pulls
- Proactively pitch story ideas and be open to assignments that range from trending news pieces and SEO galleries to short interviews and Q&As
- Help build shopping products for use in commerce stories
- Assist with social media tasks, if need be
- Support the edit team during major digital projects by building and formatting content
- Manage daily homepage, working with digital director and deputy editor on story curation
- Stay up-to-date on Copilot capabilities and inquire about implementing them on Glamour
- New hire technical onboarding: Set up and train new staff in using Copilot and Slack
- Occasionally pitch in on weekends and/ or evenings to help cover key cultural events such as awards shows
- 1-2 years relevant work and/or internship experience
- Highly organized and proactive
- Enthusiastic about learning various facets of the business
- Open to feedback and use it to your advantage
- A roll-up-your-sleeves mindset
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Up to date on social media trends and what people are talking about right now
- Understands the basics of SEO and analytics, or have a deep willingness to learn
- Open to production work, including learning the ins and outs of Conde Nast’s CMS, Copilot, and its varied functionalities
Visit The Stylists Suite To Read More About Glamour