Glamour is looking for a sharp, passionate Writer to take original content to the next level by creating clever, competitive, rich pieces that range from thoughtful opinion takes to reported features about things happening in the cultural conversation right now.
The ideal candidate will be able to seamlessly toggle between each of Glamour’s verticals (particularly those in the style, pop culture, and lifestyle space), keeping in mind that in the hands of the right writer, even the most seemingly lowbrow or mundane topic can become a talker. This person will be at their best churning out witty, shrewd stories that people will want to read and share. They must obsess over content that has something to say about the way we live right now and what’s being talked about. The ability to think creatively and competitively is a must.
- Pitch and write timely short posts and/or opinion pieces as they come up, as well as a set number of reported features and profiles per month.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for unearthing stories/trend pieces across topics in the orbits of culture, entertainment, wellness, style/retail, beauty, food, and dating/sex, as well as stories that sit between these verticals (i.e. where food meets social media, where fashion meets politics, etc.)
- Develop and execute fresh, original ideas for recurring franchise series
- Remain highly plugged in to internet trends/the news cycle and what’s starting to pop on social before it goes wide
- Work effectively and fluidly in a digital environment with tight deadlines that don’t include basic write-arounds
- Juggle multiple projects, ideas, and deadlines, writing to assignments and hitting deadlines, 100% of the time
- Master Glamour’s tone of voice while writing to scale
- Pitch in after hours, if needed, during awards shows, royal weddings, and other cultural happenings
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years experience writing at a professional website
- A track record of original reporting and experience writing highly-trafficked, culturally-resonant work
- A whiz at identifying online trends and mining social media for content ideas
- An understanding of, and ideally experience within, the women’s lifestyle space as it exists in 2022
- Versatility in writing style and ability to write in both personal and objective tones
- Experience with analytics/SEO tools and content management systems, or a deep willingness to learn
- A strong list of contacts and sources
Visit Stylist Suite Page For More Job Opportunities