Glamour Has A New Opening For Assistant Fashion Editor
As a member of Conde Nast’s Global Fashion Network (GFN), the Assistant Fashion Editor supports the team in creating and executing fashion content across brands and platforms including print, digital, video, social. They play a critical support and logistics role for individual projects, for maintenance of the closets, and for the fashion network team overall.
This role will provide on the ground support for all Glamour shoots happening in the United States and will work very closely with colleagues in the US, UK, Spain and Germany. This role will report to the Senior Fashion Editor for Glamour, Allure, and Teen Vogue in the US, with dotted line reporting to the European Fashion Editor for Glamour in the UK.
- Work directly with fashion editor, communicating daily about upcoming fashion stories and fashion market work
- Assist with overseeing and executing all current fashion projects including managing run-throughs, fittings, sample tracking
- Responsible for shoot logistics - arranging messengers, packing trunks, etc.
- Communicate with fashion brand PR representatives daily to build and maintain positive relationships
- Assist stylists with market work, fittings, and on set as needed
- Assist in the organization of the fashion closet and ensure efficient organization and upkeep
- Track and check-in shoot samples that enter and exit the fashion closet
- Liaise with the returns team to ensure garments are returned accurately and efficiently
- Facilitate and monitor any necessary logistical procedures, including messenger pickups or shipments, etc.
- Assist with maintaining fashion week calendar for department and appointment scheduling
- Work with stylists and brands on obtaining credit information
- Assist in creating fashion boards
- Other administrative support duties such as scheduling, travel arrangements, paperwork processing, etc.
- Assist with other brands in the Global Fashion Network as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 1 - 2 years fashion market experience preferred
- Deep interest in fashion, beauty, and popular culture with knowledge of relevant influencers, celebrities, designers, and brands
- Strong interpersonal skills and a clear and effective communicator who can interact with high-profile clients across markets and cultures as needed
- Strong attention to detail, extremely organized, and excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- An entrepreneurial, problem-solving mindset with a commitment to delivering results
- Strong collaboration skills, especially with GFN team members in other markets
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Glamour