Glamour Seeking Associate Beauty Editor
Glamour is Looking an Associate Beauty Editor to Help Take Beauty And Wellness Coverage
Glamour is looking for an associate beauty editor to help take beauty and wellness coverage to the next level by helping to create authentic, useful, engaging stories readers will want to devour and share. The ideal candidate will be passionate about every facet of beauty and will be equally excited to pitch and write relatable essays and reported features, service pieces, celebrity roundups, SEO content, and trend spotlights. This candidate will be highly plugged into the cultural conversations around beauty and wellness and can find deeper meaning behind what we buy, use, and covet in terms of products and procedures. This candidate must have a passion for the Glamour brand and an organic understanding of our pillars as they pertain to beauty, a list that includes diversity and authenticity.
- Pitch and/or write 2-3 posts a day, including trending news, franchises, galleries, reviews, and service/SEO
- Work with senior team on executing competitive reported beauty and wellness features that readers can’t get anywhere else
- Work on Glamour’s annual Beauty Awards from inception to execution
- Have a firm understanding of the intersection between beauty/wellness and culture, including social media’s impact
- Help oversee daily content lineup to make sure there’s relevant content going live daily
- Cover beauty during key live events on the Glamour calendar
- Leverage analytics reporting and social data to develop new editorial ideas that will engage core readers and attract new ones
- Work with commerce team to create elevated, fun beauty shopping content with an eye to revenue
- Weigh in on beauty concepts for original shoots, including covers
- Assist with building products, posts, and photo pulls
- Represent Glamour at approved industry events
- 2-3 years of beauty writing experience at a professional website
- A proven track record of original reporting and writing/editing high-trafficked posts
- Experience using content management systems and social media platforms
- A collaborative spirit and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to write sparkling copy and hit deadlines 100% of the time
- A whiz at headline writing and packaging
- Deeply plugged in to beauty outside the “industry”—you can identify online trends and mine social media for fresh content ideas.
- Seamlessly toggle between first-person voice and objective tone.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Glamour
Simone Ashley Graces Cover of Glamour's Latest Issue
Meet Glamour's Women Of The Year Cover Stars!
Lulama Wolf Covers The Spring Issue of Glamour South Africa
Leave a comment