British GQ is Looking for a Senior Style Editor
British GQ is looking for a Senior Style Editor to head its industry-leading coverage of men’s style and grooming across all platforms. This role is expected to curate and filter the most interesting news in men’s fashion from GQ’s perspective, for GQ’s audience.
This role is for an experienced style editor with deep knowledge of menswear and grooming, an intuitive understanding of GQ’s tone of voice and worldview and an ability to generate ideas and edit copy with speed and accuracy.
The Senior Style Editor is responsible for growing GQ’s style vertical online and editing key sections of the print edition of British GQ and GQ Style. You will also work closely on other iterations of the GQ brand, including events such as GQ Heroes and Men of the Year.
A proven leader and a passionate team player, you will be the driving force behind a key pillar of GQ’s editorial vision and an outstanding ambassador for the brand.
This role will report into the British GQ Site Director and is based in London.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead British GQ’s style and grooming content across all print and digital platforms, overseeing the publishing 4-5 new stories each day
- Drive digital growth by writing, commissioning and editing compelling news stories and features that keep our readership entertained and informed with timely, urgent and modern storytelling
- Manage Style Editor and maintain a core stable of freelance writers to hit monthly audience growth KPIs
- Oversee all print style content across British GQ and GQ Style, including the Drops, front of book fashion and grooming stories, and high-impact reported features
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including commerce, culture and lifestyle teams to ensure GQ’s style point of view is consistent across all brand touchpoints
- Take into account SEO and social media feedback from GQ’s audience development team
- Collaborate with The Talent Group to dynamically program fashion talent at GQ’s major events, including GQ Heroes and Men of the Year
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience writing, editing and commissioning for a menswear website or magazine
- A proven ability to grow online audiences with authoritative, informative and entertaining content in men’s style, fashion and grooming
- An understanding of and interest in presenting content optimally for an online audience
- A deep network of contacts and collaborators, including writers, PRs and leading creative figures in menswear
- Experience managing, developing and nurturing editors, writers and freelancers
- A deep and demonstrable understanding of men’s fashion and a vision for how to bring that to life for GQ consumers in 2022 and beyond
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About GQ