GQ is Looking for a Commerce Editor to Oversee Affiliate-Enabled Editorial Content Across the Tech, Home, Outdoor, Gear and Lifestyle Categories
The Tech & Lifestyle Commerce Editor will assign, edit, write, and optimize all non-fashion product recommendations and deals-driven content for GQ’s Recommends vertical and broader commerce platform. They will work directly with GQ’s Global Commerce Director, a team of dedicated writers and editors, and a stable of freelancers, to develop and edit stories on a daily basis and maintain a long-term editorial publishing calendar. Core to this role is also an ongoing analysis of reader purchasing data and search trends to ensure we meet growth goals. The ideal candidate has at least 3-5 years of experience as a full-time editor, a deep knowledge of the ecom landscape, and the agility to work across a variety of product categories—including homewares, tech, travel goods, and beyond—with an eye for design and trends.
- Program an editorial calendar with a healthy mix of heavily researched and category-focused product reviews, targeted single-item testimonials, timely/seasonal roundups, and shopping guides pegged to specific events or news.
- Manage, optimize, and grow GQ Recommends’ evergreen Best Stuff product review content
- Coordinate with SEO managers and commerce resources to make sure all content is optimized for search
- Lead GQ’s non-fashion deals and sales coverage, especially around tentpole shopping holidays such as Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day
- Work with other stakeholders on GQ’s commerce team to achieve editorial excellence throughout GQ Recommends on all platforms, including GQ.com, social, newsletter, and video, with a focus on voice, authority, and humor.
- Coordinate with GQ’s audience development team on GQ Recommends content distribution and identify opportunities for GQ Recommends growth based on data and industry trends.
- Constantly look for new and compelling ways to present stories to GQ readers.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience editing in a digital media environment, with experience in service journalism required and specific product recommendations preferred.
- Familiarity with affiliate link programs such as Skimlinks and Amazon
- Strong background working closely and collaboratively with editorial, advertising, engineering, video, and design teams
- Mastery of web analytics
- Strong organizational skills, self-directed work style, and polished communication skills
- The ideal candidate will be fascinated by tech, design, gear, and the subjects regularly covered by GQ.com.
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and GQ will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. GQ evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.