GQ is Hiring an Associate Commerce Director
GQ is Looking for an Associate Commerce Director to Help Lead the Brand’s Commerce-Focused GQ Recommends Team
GQ is looking for an Associate Commerce Director to help lead the brand’s commerce-focused GQ Recommends team, focusing on product recommendations and service-driven content for GQ’s Recommends vertical and broader commerce platform. This Associate Director will work directly with GQ’s Global Commerce Director, along with a team of dedicated writers and editors, to develop and edit stories on a daily basis, and manage GQ Recommends’ long term editorial calendar. The role requires an in-depth understanding of how GQ’s broad interests in style and beyond lend themselves to engaging product recommendation stories. The ideal candidate has experience managing a team, an enthusiasm for style, and strong knowledge of both the fashion and e-tail landscape.
- Assign and edit daily GQ commerce content with an eye toward department goals.
- Manage a growing team of GQ Recommends staff writers, editors, and contributors.
- Plan GQ Recommends weekly, seasonal, and retail tentpole shopping content calendar.
- Synthesize purchasing data, consumer trends, and competitive analysis to make informed, strategic editorial decisions and assignments that drive key Commerce KPIs and revenue growth.
- Work with GQ’s Global Commerce Director and GQ’s Digital Director to achieve editorial excellence throughout GQ Recommends on all platforms, including GQ.com, Social, Newsletter, and Video, with a focus on voice, authority, and humor.
- Work with GQ’s Fashion and Style departments to bring a compelling and seamless editorial vision to GQ Recommends
- Conceive of and execute special shopping packages on key trends and shopping events (Holiday Gift Guides, Black Friday sales, etc.) that are popular with readers and align with the site’s business goals.
- Coordinate with digital, video, and social teams to create and optimize multi-platform shopping-focused programming.
- Coordinate with audience development team on GQ Recommends content distribution and identify opportunities for GQ Recommends growth based on data and industry trends.
- Constantly look for new and compelling ways to present stories to GQ readers.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- 6+ years experience managing and editing staff and freelance contributors in a digital media environment focused on fashion and style, with experience in service journalism required and specific product recommendations preferred.
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for style, and menswear in particular
- Familiarity with affiliate link programs such as Skimlinks and Amazon
- Strong background working closely and collaboratively with editorial, advertising, engineering, video, and design teams
- Mastery of web analytics
- Strong organizational skills, self-directed work style, and polished communication skills
- The ideal candidate will be fascinated by current events, pop culture, sports, men’s style, and the subjects regularly covered by GQ.com.
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.
Read More About GQ Magazine on The Stylists Suite Page. Click Here.
Xamã Covers GQ Brazil's September Issue
LaMelo Ball Covers the September's Issue of GQ Magazine
Leave a comment