GQ is Seeking for Staff Writer to Contribute to GQ’s Growing Vertical, GQ Sports
This writer will be responsible for delivering 1-2 posts per day focused on the intersection of lifestyle and sports, with a specific focus on how athletes' lives intersect with style & fashion, health & wellness and music & entertainment. Candidates must have a deep enthusiasm for the culture’s biggest athletes and ability to tell unique and nuanced stories about these highly-covered figures, through the GQ lens. This role will report to the GQ Sports Director.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Pitch and write daily sports lifestyle stories for GQ.com
- Work closely with talent and video teams on GQ Sports bookings
- Communicate regularly with print, web, social and video teams on GQ Sports coverage
- Collaborate with social, video and audience development departments on multi-platform GQ Sports content
- Liaise with art, visuals, copy, research and web production departments
- Work closely with GQ Sports Director and commercial teams to develop sponsor-supported GQ Sports editorial projects
- Participate in and contribute to broader editorial brainstorms and ideas meetings
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience pitching and writing sports-adjacent coverage, including experience booking athletes for editorial projects. Specific experience reporting on the NFL and NBA is a plus.
- Deep interest and enthusiasm for sports, and for developing the GQ Sports vertical
- Proven fluency working in a fast-paced digital media environment, including delivering clean copy on tight deadlines, writing headline & meta copy, and possessing basic CMS skills
Base salary: $65,000 - $100,000
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About GQ