Health Looking For Content Update Editor
Dotdash Meredith Looking For Remote Content Update Editor With Experience Working On Health, Parenting, And Science Content
As an update editor, you will join Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers who work on sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure the accuracy of all of content. Update editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive.
As a digital publisher that reaches millions per month, Dotdash Meredith has the power and responsibility to create positive change. They are focusing hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects mission for racial equity in everything they do.
They are looking for editors who can commit to 15-40 hours a week of work. Applicants must live in the United States or Canada.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles on a variety of health and medical topics, and revise content in accordance with project instructions
- Identify and update outdated material, including noting where visuals or videos are outdated or no longer accurate
- Identify opportunities to proactively improve content by rewriting, summarizing, restructuring, strengthening sourcing, incorporating visual elements, filling coverage gaps, and more
- At least 3 years experience writing or editing scientific, medical, or parenting content, preferably for a digital brand or consumer-facing publication.
- You should be capable of explaining complex medical or scientific terminology and concepts in a way that is clear and non-intimidating to a layperson.
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- You have strong writing and editing skills
- Comfortable with content management systems, including Wordpress
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree required
- You are comfortable working remotely.
- You have access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Health.com
Introducing The Cover Star of Health Magazine's April Issue - Laverne Cox
Health Looking For Commerce Writer
Dotdash Meredith Seeking Contract Health News Reporter For Health.com
Leave a comment