Dotdash Meredith Seeking Contract Health News Reporter For Health.com
Dotdash Meredith Has A New Opening For Contract News Reporter For Health.com
Dotdash Meredith is seeking a contract health news reporter to help increase the cadence of Health.com’s news program. This reporter will be responsible for covering same and next-day stories, including health policy news, guideline/recommendation changes, studies, and trending news items. Most importantly, your coverage will not just explain what’s happening, but how it affects the lives of readers. A strong understanding of the health space, particularly public health and policy, is preferred. This is a full-time contract role with potential for extension.
About Your Contributions
In this role, you will:
- Write well-sourced, thorough, and informative articles with clear takeaways for readers
- Bring on and continue to develop a roster of subject matter experts to add original reporting to each story. These experts will provide context and perspective to your coverage
- Have a strong command of your beat(s); they will look to you to pitch stories as well as take on assignments
- Meet regular deadlines, often daily, to produce top-notch content quickly
- Help the news editorial team set the daily agenda
You should have:
- At least two years reporting on health for a digital publisher or news outlet, preferably attuned to public health and policy news
- A knack for clearly and succinctly translating medical jargon and academic speak to a lay audience
- Ability to track down sources for timely comment
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability during normal business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST)
- The ability to work remotely
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities
Introducing The Cover Star of Health Magazine's April Issue - Laverne Cox
Vanity Fair Seeking A Hollywood Reporter
Rolling Stone Seeking For Internet Culture Reporter. Apply Now!
Big Fat Media Guide 2022 Edition is AVAILABLE. GET YOUR COPY TODAY!
Leave a comment