Rolling Stone is Adding a Digital Culture Reporter to News Operation
Rolling Stone, the leading voice of popular culture for more than 50 years, is adding a digital culture reporter to news operation — writing and reporting quick-turn stories and investigative pieces from the farthest reaches of the internet, covering everything from TikTok cults to new Telegram propaganda to the hottest new creators readers need to know about.
Join the fun, fast-paced, talented team as a digital culture reporter in the breaking news department. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of and appreciation for internet culture, a track record of digital sleuthing and trendspotting, and a proficiency in verification tools and methods. The candidate must have impeccable news judgment and the ability to work independently, and an understanding at an instinctual level what makes a story work for Rolling Stone. This candidate should be able to write and report sensitively and smartly on stories of interest to diverse communities and have the proven ability to advance rapidly developing stories on deadline. Finally, the candidate must have the ability to respond to fast-moving events quickly, accurately, and with style.
- Work on a small team of staff writers covering breaking developments in internet trends and culture
- Hunt for exclusive material and track down sources.
- Write and report articles that advance major stories of the day.
- Pick sharp angles and engaging headlines.
- Brainstorm ideas with other reporters, editors, photographers, video producers, and social media managers.
- 1-3 years of experience in a breaking news environment.
- The ability to juggle several stories and projects at the same time and keep a cool head under pressure
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality material on deadline
- An understanding of creator culture and where to look for stories in the space that haven’t been previously reported
- Fluency in culture and internet news, both in the mainstream and at the fringes
- Familiarity with digital news-gathering tools
- Experience with analytics, social media management tools and basic photo/graphic/video editing skills are a plus.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Rolling Stone