InStyle & Shape Has A New Opening For Commerce Editor, Beauty News & Deals
The Commerce Editor, Beauty will edit news and deals-focused commerce content to be distributed across the Dotdash Meredith Beauty vertical, including InStyle and Shape. This role requires someone who can edit multiple articles per day as part of a fast-paced digital news desk, helping create content that inspires Dotdash Meredith’s audiences to make informed, qualified purchases.
Essential Job Functions
- Edit commerce articles around beauty, style, celebrity, wellness, sex, and more (with a focus on beauty and style), including freelance content.
- Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide content decisions.
- Collaborate with other commerce and digital editors, plus various members of the larger affiliate team.
- Keep tabs on what’s going on in the industry, including competitor research, and suggest new content areas to lean into and existing areas to grow.
- Write content when time permits.
- Manage 1–2 writers.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
- 4+ years of experience at an online publisher
- A strong editor who enjoys/is interested in improving writers’ stories and coming up with creative opportunities to generate sales
- Knowledgeable about beauty and style product categories
- Demonstrates experience or interest in commerce content along all stages of a user’s purchasing journey (from browsing to researching to making a purchase)
- Able to write strong headlines that drive high engagement/pageviews
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced organization
- Highly adaptable and quick to learn processes
- Familiar with the Dotdash Meredith portfolio
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About InStyle & Shape Magazine