Ebony's Massive Calendar of Events
Date With A Dish was a long-standing popular feature in EBONY Magazine. We've reimagined this feature as a virtual series.
EBONY will pull from its network of Black owned restaurants and chefs to host a curated dining experience that will be recorded and aired as a virtual series on the EBONY.com.
During the in-person dining experience, celebrity and influential guests will have compelling “family” conversations on topics impacting the Black community.
Product placement opportunities available through video or audio integration.
Media Elements Include:
Social Media - IG, FB, TW
TIMING: MONTHLY 2022
EBONY will host a Date with a Dish Mother's Day brunch that brings together women from all walks of life to celebrate the connectivity of Black women.
Guests will discuss their own unique paths to motherhood, and how Black women are taking charge of their journeys.
TIMING: MAY 2022
EBONY is committed to supporting and enhancing the lives of Black men. On this platform we are dedicated to create:
- A series of virtual events / conversations to provide resources and information about careers, entrepreneurship and trade development.
- A rooftop networking cocktail with influential Black men at Google headquarters (June 2022)
- Date With A Dish:
- Host a dinner party with influential Black dads discussing their role in the family, mental and physical health, faith, and the importance of Black male bonding (June 2022)
TIMING: JUNE-AUGUST 2022
EBONY will hold its Juneteenth Music Festival in the great state of Texas. Giving exposure to this history of Juneteenth by highlighting small Black businesses and creators, along with food and culture through music.
Event elements will include:
Black Owned Business Vendors
Live Entertainment & DJ
Black Owned Restaurants & Chefs Cuisine
Focus on Black Owned Businesses
TIMING: JUNE 2022
EBONY will host a garden cocktail for the Who's Who of Martha's Vineyard. Women celebrating women in Martha's Vineyard, the home of The Inkwell will be the backdrop to this special celebration of Black generational wealth and family traditions.
Garden Cocktail will take place at a home or venue
Short vignettes to be captured and featured on EBONY.com and social media platforms
TIMING: AUGUST 2022
DATE WITH A DISH
EBONY will partner with Harlem'S Fashion Row to bring together industry powerhouses to discuss the future of fashion and sustainability and the importance of supporting emerging Black talent.
EBONY and HFR will host a cocktail event during Fashion Week and invite influential fashion designers, stylists, editors, and photographers to celebrate creators of color.
Gift Bag Inclusion
Article on EBONY.com
Social Media Amplification
Pre-Roll & Brand Inclusion Date with A Dish
TIMING: SEPTEMBER 2022
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2022
The POWER 100 list is compiled by the editors of EBONY. Each selection is considered a leader in their field. Over the past year, these individuals have had a positive impact on the Black community. They are game-changers and have consistently challenged the status quo.
2022 Categories include:
- STEM (tech innovators, science, health)
- Next Gen (Anyone GenZ, across industries)
- Arts & Culture (in theater, dance, art, authors)
- Media (News and journalism, radio, podcast)
- Community Builders (politics, social justice leaders)
- Fashion & Style Curators (beauty, home design, lifestyle)
- Entertainment (music, television, movies)
- Influential Creators (across social media platforms)
- Business Entrepreneurs (across industries)
- Sports (athletes, coaches, commentators, ESPYs)
2022 Special Honorees include:
- Living Legend/Icon Award
- Corporate Citizen Award
- Chairman’s Award for Social Justice
- People’s Choice Award (nominated by the public)
- For the Culture Award
- Black Business Award
$500K ENTRY INVESTMENT
EBONY POWER WEEKEND
Pre-Gala Cocktail Event - Friday, November 11th
This invitation-only sunset cocktail event will host the Power 100 honorees and other special guests for a celebration of Black Excellence. Hosted at a premiere Los Angeles rooftop bar or restaurant, the event will feature a DJ, specialty cocktails, culinary delights and photo moments.
Friends of EBONY VIP Dinner - Friday, November 11th
Michele Ghee and Eden Bridgeman will host an intimate 20 - 30 guest dinner with friends of EBONY. This dinner will take place in a private space at one of Los Angeles's finest restaurants.
Post-Gala After Party - Saturday, November 12th
After the gala, EBONY will host an after party at MILK studios, featuring a DJ, champagne and craft cocktails, photobooths, and delicious bites.
Ebony's Contacts and Social Media handles can be found in the Big Fat Media Guide. Get Your Copy Now. CLICK HERE.