Marie Claire is Looking A Beauty Editor Responsible For Spearheading The Site's Beauty Coverage
Marie Claire is seeking a beauty editor. This person is a vital part of the MarieClaire.com team, responsible for spearheading the site's beauty coverage—pitching, writing, assigning, editing, and publishing a robust lineup that runs the gamut from quick news items to smart service to bigger long-lead projects to exciting new franchises.
Marie Claire is looking for someone who’s obsessed with beauty, who can cover quick news with a fresh angle, but who can also contextualize what’s happening in the beauty world within the larger cultural conversation. This person has endless ideas both big and small, has experience with (and interest in) social media and video, and has serious internet savvy—someone who lives online and knows what readers respond to and what they don’t, and someone who cares about why.
Exceptional writing, editing, and brainstorming skills are essential, as are self-motivation and the ability to meet tight daily and weekly deadlines.
This position reports to the Beauty Director, and works closely with all departments.
- Pitch, write Marie Claire beauty coverage.
- Proactively assess story performance via analytics and plan future content accordingly.
- Contribute to Marie Claire’s Instagram coverage.
- Create fun, performative videos in conjunction with our video team and/or social editor.
- At least five years creating content for a media property, ideally digital.
- Three + years writing and editing beauty content.
- Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement in digital media.
- Excellent writing, editing, and brainstorming skills.
- Familiarity with and interest in making videos for web.
- Interest in women’s media, beauty, fashion, politics, celebrity, news, and women’s issues.
- Strong experience in SEO.
- Experience tracking real-time and long-term analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Uncapped vacation time (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff is eligible to receive a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Marie Claire.