Men's Health is Looking For Senior Editor, Growth and Engagement. Apply Now!
Men’s Health is Seeking for an Experienced Editor to Create And Oversee An Effective Digital Content Strategy
Men’s Health is looking for an experienced editor to create and oversee an effective digital content strategy with the goal of growing traffic and engagement while creating fun and vibrant content for our social platforms. The senior editor, growth and engagement, will oversee the daily operations of the brand’s social feeds, work closely with the editor in chief and executive editor to strategize about search traffic and other modes of audience acquisition, and develop innovative content distribution plans.
Additionally, this editor will work with the rest of the digital team to ensure that all the content being produced is optimized for social and search. This role isn’t just about analytics, though the ability to interpret insights is certainly required—it’s about thinking about the Men’s Health brand in a big-picture way, and how to best leverage and guide its content across our various distribution channels.
This position reports to the executive editor, digital, of Men’s Health as well as the editor in chief. Please note: For consideration, candidates must submit a resume in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize and execute the brand’s ever-changing social, search, e-commerce, and newsletter strategies
- Interpret analytics and educate the Men’s Health team on the development and implementation of these strategies, and help them pitch and assign stories that are optimized based on these insights
- Ensure that Men’s Health social feeds are optimized to maximize traffic, engagement, and other KPIs at all times
- Brainstorm large-scale projects (editorial, social, and video-based) that reach new audiences, engage loyal ones, and make waves in the industry
- Work across departments (including the in-house video team, print, sales, etc.) to develop and execute creative rollout plans for key brand events, editorial initiatives, and partnerships
- Broker and manage relationships that work to expand the Men’s Health audience and content portfolio
- Help manage and train junior-level editors and writers in the art and science of content strategy
Who you are:
- You have 3 to 5 years of professional, post-grad experience working with social media and analytics at an editorial digital brand
- You understand analytics and how to mine them for editorial opportunities
- You are a sharp, witty writer and know how to hook readers with your headlines
- You have a passion for health, fitness, and men’s lifestyle content
- You are an independent self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are able to pivot in the rapidly changing landscape of digital
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 15, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.