Meredith Is Seeking Editor For Branded Content
Meredith Publishing Has A New Opening For Branded Content Editor. Apply Now!
The Editor, Branded Content will join a team dedicated to best-in-class content creation across digital, video, and print, with a particular focus on food and spirits, entertainment, and retail partners. You will play a crucial role in both content brainstorms and content creation, writing and editing a variety of story types across a broad spectrum of Meredith brands. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Branded Editorial, the Editor, Branded Content should be ready to work with a variety of freelancer writers and be both comfortable pitching ideas across a variety of content types and platforms, and writing, editing, and assigning in a diverse range of voices. Foundry is always looking for new voices, so it’s a bonus if you come prepared with a book of ready-to-work freelancers.
As Editor, Branded Content you will manage multiple ongoing projects at once and have the ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly.
CONCEPT PITCHING & WRITING
- Participate in brainstorms for RFPs, conceiving, collaborating on, and writing concepts for original branded content strategies that align with Meredith’s diverse audiences and advertiser goals.
- Be comfortable pitching ideas for a variety of concepts that go beyond written, including video, infographics, podcasts, and more.
- Be client-facing in the pitch process when necessary, and a capable public presenter.
EDITING & EXECUTING SOLD CAMPAIGNS
- Write and edit meaningful, compelling copy across print, digital, social, and video for Food, Beverage, Spirits, Entertainment, and Retail advertisers, with the ability to do so in the editorial styles of multiple Meredith brands, from Parents to Food & Wine to Entertainment Weekly, ensuring that it aligns with advertiser objectives.
- Be flexible to assist with editing needs across other categories/teams, such as Fashion, Beauty, Home, and Pets.
- Oversee the execution of written content including: finalizing the concepts, crafting assignment letters for writers, managing feedback rounds with clients, working with copy editors and fact-checkers, and delivering each story on time.
- Maintain strong relationships with a roster of freelance writers to quickly and effectively assign new projects, establish project expectations and set clear deadlines.
- Conduct interviews with a wide range of talent, from A-List celebrities and corporate executives to influencers and real women
- Project manage content campaigns from start to finish with your key strategy partner, working closely with key point persons across the content studio such as Photo, Design, Talent, copy edit, and native editorial brands to bring projects to life.
Provide mentorship to more junior team members and act as a key partner to the Senior Manager on the team.
Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with strategists, creatives, project managers and marketers
- Knowledgeable: You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in lifestyle editorial for a digital content brand or publisher. Agency experience or one or more years of experience in content marketing is a plus but not required. You understand the editorial landscape and maintain high standards and a sharp eye for detail.
- Food-Savvy: Knowledge of and passion for food and/or spirits is essential: You love to cook, try out new recipes, visit and research new restaurants, and you follow food/spirits news and trends.
- Collaborative: You have a demonstrated ability to work across departments and with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Organized: You live by prioritization and organization and possess strong project management skills. You’re a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge, especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair makes you an invaluable asset to any team.
- Communicative: With your natural grace under pressure, you’re indispensable to bosses, teammates, and clients alike for your calm, direct approach to communication.
- Clever: You’re a quick thinker with a passion for wordplay, able to coax passion and humor out of your copy. A snappy headline and engaging dek copy are your specialties.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
High school diploma/equivalency + relevant experience is required; Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or a related field + relevant experience is preferred
You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in lifestyle editorial for a digital content brand or publisher. Agency experience or one or more years of experience in content marketing is a plus but not required. You understand the editorial landscape and maintain high standards and a sharp eye for detail.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to craft compelling, engaging web, social, and print copy
- Knowledge of and passion for food and/or spirits is essential: You love to cook, try out new recipes, visit and research new restaurants, and you follow food/spirits news and trends.
- High degree of attention to detail as well as organizational and time management skills – must be able to work within deadlines and adhere to them consistently
- Must be a collaborator who can work with team members in different functions and geographies effectively
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information clearly and succinctly
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with external parties and hold them accountable for deliverables and against pre-determined deadlines
% Travel Required (Approximate): 0%