Recurrent Ventures — parent co. to Domino, Saveur, Popular Science, & more — is hiring like crazy.
SAVEUR is seeking a Senior Food Editor:
At SAVEUR, we follow food to its source and believe that it’s the ultimate expression of a place. We’re seeking a Senior Food Editor to lead our Trends & Culture coverage. The ideal candidate is obsessed with exploring the intersection where food meets culture, deeply curious about culinary trends and movements around the world, and has a well-honed sense of newsworthiness and sound editorial judgement. Joining our team as both an experienced editor and a strong writer, you are passionate and comfortable telling these stories—from short service-driven stories to longform essays. We’re a small and fast-growing team, so a nimble, collaborative attitude is key.
Popular Science is hiring a Staff Writer
Popular Science is hiring a Staff Writer to help us tell the most important stories in science, focusing on unpacking the research findings that make headlines and natural phenomena that readers encounter every day—from gut health and mental wellness to tardigrades and quasars. We’re looking for someone with a sharp eye for the science behind the trending headlines, and a knack for finding creative angles and untold stories lurking in plain sight. The science team at PopSci continues the brand’s 149-year-old legacy of documenting and dissecting the latest findings in health, space, environment, human behavior, the animal world, and beyond.
The Staff Writer will report to PopSci’s Science Editor.
Domino is seeking a Style Director
Domino is seeking a Style Director to lead our design-obsessed style team and Scouting vertical. You are someone who’s always on the hunt for up-and-coming design talent, fresh brands and products, and the next big decor trends, while also maintaining strong relationships in the interior design industry. Your second home is on set, arranging a shelf just so. Most importantly, you have a finger on the pulse of how people are shopping and discovering products. This position will report to the Chief Content Officer.
- Evolve and maintain the Domino style guide, trend and mood boards and ensure that it’s consistent across all platforms and verticals, including editorial, commerce, and branded content
- Oversee market and trend content, using data insights and best practices to form the editorial strategy.
- Develop and maintain the Domino source guide and Scouting vertical columns and franchises
- Write and produce a weekly Scouting newsletter
- Produce and style editorial photoshoots and branded content as needed
- Oversee development of projects, ensure projects meet deliverables and company goals
- Manage and mentor style editor
- Partner with Deputy Editor to maintain the voice of the Scouting vertical
- Cultivate and work with freelancers and contributors to bring in new audiences
- Represent the Domino brand in the home and design industry and sales meetings where appropriate; Cover select national and international trade shows and fairs.
- Partner with the Commerce Content Director to ensure product guides represent the brand aesthetic and spotlight a range of affiliate and up-and-coming brands. Provide market guidance and recommendations as needed
- Partner with Revenue team to introduce new brands to collaborate with across editorial affiliate and revenue teams
- Partner with the Head of Creative Studio and Brand Innovation to cultivate new revenue-driving initiatives and offerings across all platforms and contribute ideas and style direction to pre-sale marketing and/or sold programs as needed
- Communicate with Brand Partnerships and Edit across client-facing projects, ensuring deliverables and timelines are met
- 8+ years of experience in interiors, including styling, merchandizing, and trend forecasting.
- Familiarity with content management systems (Wordpress in particular), and editorial planning tools (we use Airtable).
- Relevant experience in digital publishing, including e-commerce and market.
- Strong editing and writing skills, including the ability to write across multiple platforms.
- Passion for the Domino brand.